[SOLVED] How to setup Raid0

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
I currently have a
860 EVO SSD 1TB M.2
860 EVO SSD 1TB 2.5 Inch Sata
860 EVO SSD 500GB 2.5 Inch Sata

is it possible to have all 3 of these as a Raid0?
I'm not getting reliable information as some people told me it won't work with M.2 and Internal SSD
but others tell me it will work.

How do I go about setting up a Raid0? I have never done it before

I currently have a
860 EVO SSD 1TB M.2
860 EVO SSD 1TB 2.5 Inch Sata
860 EVO SSD 500GB 2.5 Inch Sata

is it possible to have all 3 of these as a Raid0?
I'm not getting reliable information as some people told me it won't work with M.2 and Internal SSD
but others tell me it will work.

How do I go about setting up a Raid0? I have never done it before
What's the reason you would want that ?
You would loose speed and capacity with that combination of drives.
To say nothing about reliability, something goes wrong with one disk and you loose everything !!!

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
no I'm not doing it to be "faster" It's for a project I'm doing at school for bypasses and what not. Especially since Raid0 cant be Hardware ID banned. This is not something I'm trying to set for a home computer. Testing purposes only. I'm already aware raid0 won't give real world benefits as most people think.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
In RAID0 those 3 drives combined will give you total capacity 1.5TB (you loose 1TB).
Why would you want that?

Why exactly are you thinking about RAID at all? For what purpose?
So I am able to Raid0 the 1tb M.2 and the 1tb Sata though? I read somewhere m.2 and sata won't be able to, but some were saying I could. also purpose of doing so is stated above, only for a project for testing in school. I know raid 0 won't help at all in real world scenarios. I'm just learning what can or can't be done rn

USAFRet

Titan
no I'm not doing it to be "faster" It's for a project I'm doing at school for bypasses and what not. Especially since Raid0 cant be Hardware ID banned. This is not something I'm trying to set for a home computer. Testing purposes only. I'm already aware raid0 won't give real world benefits as most people think.
Well, that info might have been helpful up front.

"cannot be Hardware ID banned"? I can't possibly see how that is true.
What 'ban' are you trying to get around?

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Well, that info might have been helpful up front.

"cannot be Hardware ID banned"? I can't possibly see how that is true.
What 'ban' are you trying to get around?

It's just school extra credit stuff a teacher said we can do. I'm taking a few classes but I'm trying to get into cyber security. He just wants us to find ways a person can get around certain stuff. Basic stuff. Already did the whole mac change for ip address and stuff, but I wanted to do something else that not 99% of the class is doing lol.

so is it possible to Raid0 my 1 TB m.2 and 1TB sata? same brand and everything