[SOLVED] How to store a CPU?

May 26, 2020
I recently assembled my new gaming rig, only to learn that it wouldn’t boot windows. After talking to countless tech support people and trying strategies ranging from removing parts to changing BIOS settings, all to the same thing, which was a black screen that wouldn’t boot, I determined that my motherboard was defective. So, I boxed it up with all its parts and sent it back to the manufacturer. Obviously, I wouldn’t send my CPU with the motherboard, so I removed everything and just put it on my desk. However, as a first time PC builder, I don’t know what to do with my CPU while I’m waiting for the replacement motherboard to arrive. I threw the box and packaging away after I opened it, so right now I just have it sitting inside one of those cloths that you use to clean your screen. I’m not sure if this is a good solution or not, but it’s all I could come up with. Any ideas on what else I could do with it?

Solution
When building a new rig it is ESSENTIAL to keep packaging. One of the best methods is to take your case box and put all the boxes, packaging and left over accessories in it and then to the closet, attic, w/e.

I would not store in a cloth. If you have an anti static bag that would be best and be particularly gentle with the bottom if AMD.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
When building a new rig it is ESSENTIAL to keep packaging. One of the best methods is to take your case box and put all the boxes, packaging and left over accessories in it and then to the closet, attic, w/e.

I would not store in a cloth. If you have an anti static bag that would be best and be particularly gentle with the bottom if AMD.

Solution