[SOLVED] How to use integrated graphics along with discrete GPU?

deeksterjay

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Good day! My components that may matter to this question are the following:

Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
GPU: Nvidia GT240 (I know T_T)
Monitor: AOC without HDMI port (I know T_T)

Given that my monitor does not have HDMI, I am forced to continue using my GT240 since I can connect my DVI cable to it with the monitor.

Here are my questions:

1. Am I utilizing the IGPU on the 3200G this way?
  2. Is there a way that the IGPU and the GT240 are somehow working together? Will they ever?
  3. How do I set games to use the IGPU on the 3200G instead of the GT240?

Things that I've observed and tried (some terms may be inaccurate since I'm new to this):

- Set the BIOS primary graphics from PEG to IGP > Set the Integrated Graphics from Auto to Force > Set frame buffer from Auto to 2GB

Result: No output on my AOC monitor since I should use the HDMI port on the back of the MoBo to a monitor with HDMI. So, I tried hard by scavenging for an HDMI cable and connected it a TV with HDMI which it did not display anything on the TV as well. Forced shutdown and restart the PC. Still no output on the TV. Yes, I have the right HDMI output set on the TV. So, I ended up removing the CMOS to reset the BIOS to be able to get back at it.

- Now, I have set the BIOS primary graphics to PEG > Set the Integrated graphics from Auto to Force > Set frame buffer from Auto to 2GB. I currently have the AOC connected along with the TV connected.

Result: AOC displays everything properly. Still no output on the TV which is connected via HDMI to the MoBo. I expected the TV to display something.

Not sure what I'm missing. That lead me here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!