[SOLVED] How to use my Router's QoS

DonMakav3li

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hello,
I'm trying to use QoS of my router to either change the priority of bandwidth or limit wireless bandwidth because I'm connected to my router using ethernet cable but while I'm working, other devices in the home which are connected to the router use too much bandwidth and cause problems for me. I don't want to completely disconnect them I just need to limit their speed so it doesn't affect my work too much. I heard I need to use QoS but it looks so confusing on my router and I don't know how to use it.
Screenshot of QoS page
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Your router likely does not have the feature you need. Almost everything you see on that screen is completely worthless. Anything related to packet tagging means nothing since ISP strip them off.

In addition this likely only affects the upload traffic. Your problem is likely too much download usage. There would need to be other panels to even think to do something about that.

You only ability is to put data into different queues like high medium and low. That does not really give you much control or guarantee any bandwidth.

QoS is always a bandaid someone will not get all the bandwidth they want. The only real fix is to buy a larger internet connection. If you have over 100mbps it may be worth seeing what people...
Your router likely does not have the feature you need. Almost everything you see on that screen is completely worthless. Anything related to packet tagging means nothing since ISP strip them off.

In addition this likely only affects the upload traffic. Your problem is likely too much download usage. There would need to be other panels to even think to do something about that.

You only ability is to put data into different queues like high medium and low. That does not really give you much control or guarantee any bandwidth.

QoS is always a bandaid someone will not get all the bandwidth they want. The only real fix is to buy a larger internet connection. If you have over 100mbps it may be worth seeing what people are doing. It is hard to use this much with normal usage. People can set download managers to lower rates if that is the issue.

Solution

DonMakav3li

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
On that device, QoS might require different settings for specific task, like VOIP, gaming, streaming, etc.
You might need to cap bandwidth, besides prioritizing service (QoS).
How can I cap bandwith? Everywhere I search for it people say use QoS.

QoS is always a bandaid someone will not get all the bandwidth they want. The only real fix is to buy a larger internet connection. If you have over 100mbps it may be worth seeing what people are doing. It is hard to use this much with normal usage. People can set download managers to lower rates if that is the issue.
Thank you for information.