How To How to work out Marvell AQC family 10G NIC P2P downloading problem

FAhentai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2016
Hi every one, half year ago, I bought an IOcrest USB4 to 10G Ethernet Adapter, model number IO-HTB113-GLAN, link http://www.iocrest.com/index.php?id=2414.
And here is the typo dirgam of the network system in my house
https://ibb.co/F60wzsD
My OS is windows 11
Once I installed this NIC, I found out that every time when I start using P2P downloading, such as Steam or bitcomet, the ehternet, this very NIC's connection will be lost. You need to disable the NIC and enable it again to make it back to work. However, it is not 100% work, some time it may back to work yet only work for a few mins, after that you need to do it again.

Later I start to check everything on internet, I find out that this NIC is basically combination of a TB3 NVME SSD closure and a Marvell AQC113 10G NIC in M.2 form. At the very beginning, I thought the problem could come from there, it will be better if I have a PCI-E version, thus, I bought an Asus XGC-C100C V2 ( the difference between the original and V2 is that V2 uses AQC113CS chip, which means that for V2 it can run at PCI-E 4.0 mode and you just need 1X to meet 10G bandwideth ). Nevertheless, the problem remain the same. I start to research everything again. Unfortuately, it seems like this problem applies to almost every single product from AQC113 family and almost of all the so called solution that I can find online is just go Device manager----the AQC NIC---advanced---disable the energy-efficiency ethernet, which never works and makes everything even worse: once you do that, you need to either restart the system or physically remove and install the NIC, just disable and enable the NIC is not even work. Untile recently, I find out something on Zhihu (something like reddit in China): you need to disable not just energy-efficiency ethernet but also Recv Segment coalescing (both IPV4 and IPV6). I tried that, still not working, nevertheless, the symptom seems like more or less caused by disabling energy-efficiency ethernet rather than something else, so I tried agian, by leaving energy-efficiency ethernet enabled and disable the Recv Segment coalescing (both IPV4 and IPV6). After this, no matter it is USB4 one or the PCI-E one, I never had this problem again.

Thus, here comes the short solution, if your Marvell AQC NIC (no matter if it is USB4/TB one or PCI-E one) goes down when you are using P2P down loading, such as Bitcomet, Steam, Etc, you need to just go device manager----your AQC NIC----advanced--- disable Recv Segment coalescing (both IPV4 and IPV6). The problem will be gone.

Reactions: Lutfij