How Well Will Mass Effect 3 Run On Your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
So wait this console based game thats running on the unreal 3 engine plays well on a pc with a quad core and even a moderately good graphics card? Im shocked!

Dont get me wrong though Im still excited to play it... just not expecting it to be graphically demanding.

Th-z

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
For anyone who's familiar with ME lore, is the method how reaper ships attack earth surprised to you?

To me it's more like Hollywood cliche than true ME lore, at least from the ideas of ME1. Despite the problem, I'm still interested in the game, because the story, characters, acting, and cinematography are still one of the best in video games.

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]Th-z[/nom]For anyone who's familiar with ME lore, is the method how reaper ships attack earth surprised to you? To me it's more like Hollywood cliche than true ME lore, at least from the ideas of ME1. Despite the problem, I'm still interested in the game, because the story, characters, acting, and cinematography are still one of the best in video games.That's not how a hyper advanced machine race wipeout an organicaccording to the ME loreNot a game to showcase graphical , but the acting, character, and story, theThe game won't support game pad, not that I want to play with a pad personally, but it's hard to imagine a game came out in 2012 and a big stud io doesn't support it. while small indie studios can provide multiple control scheme.[/citation]
ME1 was Great ! ME2 was a big big let down and ME3 will be far to hollywood and dumbed down beacuse of the Mcdonalds and Facebook gen sad really.

G

There are a few other settings but they are not in the game. You have to use the configuration tool that's in the "Binaries" folder in the game's folder. Not sure if there is a shortcut to this tool somewhere (right-click on the game in Origin?)
Most of these settings are at the max value by default though, so it's mostly useful for low-end machines, to disable additional eye-candy. One exception is Anisotropic Filtering which seems to be disabled by default (not sure).

Duzzi

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
2 x Radeon HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5 in SLI (page 2 Test System And Benchmarks)... or maybe it was crossfire? :D

As many comments as there were about what a GT440 with GDDR5 might do, I can't help but wonder about a HD6670 with GDDR5; how much better it might have been.
Another one is the HD7750. If similar to the HD6770, it looks like it would handle this game pretty well.

I really like the FPS over time chart you are now using in these reviews.

Unfortunately, as good as it looks (especially with the multiple ways to play), if Origin is a requirement, it appears to be a "pass."

And, I'll bet there are LOTS of people with an i5-2500K and a HD6450; professionals who needed the CPU horsepower and added the GPU for movies or to add monitors (e.g. developers who aren't [yet] gamers, and Wall Street gamblers using multiple screens).

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
1) Whoever complains about the Reapers attacking Earth like they do instead of orbital bombardment - don't forget they want to HARVEST the humans, not just kill them. That much was made clear in ME2.

2) Yeah, graphics are not such a big improvement... I'm still outraged with low resolution armor textures. Faces are made really well (ESPECIALLY Wrex's face! So high-detailed!), but bodies...

3) Multiplayer is FUN as hell. I recommend.

4) Origin is easy to use, doesn't slow down your PC like some idiots claim and makes inviting people to multiplayer very easy. I like it. As far as "spying" goes, to hell with paranoia, all my info that I don't want to share on teh internets is simply not on my computer :p

6) My country gets N7 Collectors' Edition at half the price :kaola: Great DLC "From Ashes" (DO NOT LOOK IT UP, major spoilers!) is included for free, as well as a bunch of extra weapons.

7) [strike]Mass Effect 3: Playable On A Wide Range Of Hardware[/strike]

Mass Effect 3: made by BioWare's worst console/Apple fanboys team (Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, Preston Watamaniuk, Chris Priestly, etc.) who can't understand PC gaming for $h!t. Fixed...

...And I still love the series; it's that good.

Graphics are not the main issue with console ports. PC's will play at much higher resolution an can force filters such as supersampling that will make a wolrd of difference over the crappy console graphics.

The controls and level design are what really suffer in the process. Things like Skyrim's quick list (troublesome and completely unnecessary when you have a keyboard) really take away from the experience. It also hurts to see a game such as crysis, which had a beatiful and believable enviroment get limited by the console's rendering capacity and turn into a much inferior level design that keeps the player confined in small areas. I hope we don't get that treatment again.

G

I Give up!!!!

This has shown me whatI have been thinking for a while now, how pants AMD performance really is....

a 2500k, literally CRAPS all over my Phenom x6 @ 4GHZ

Screw it, moving to intel i7 2600k, refuse to play AMD any more....

Anyone want a x6 and Asus Crosshairs iv, going for a steal!

bucknutty

Distinguished
[citation][nom]LongPastPNR[/nom]ME1 was Great ! ME2 was a big big let down and ME3 will be far to hollywood and dumbed down beacuse of the Mcdonalds and Facebook gen sad really.[/citation]
I agree ME1 had a great story, ME2 had no story other than find some guy, or girl to help you, then help do some thing so he is loyal to you. Its like 40 hours of character development and 8 hours of story.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]I Give up!!!!This has shown me whatI have been thinking for a while now, how pants AMD performance really is....a 2500k, literally CRAPS all over my Phenom x6 @ 4GHZScrew it, moving to intel i7 2600k, refuse to play AMD any more....Anyone want a x6 and Asus Crosshairs iv, going for a steal![/citation]
If you're a gamer dont get the i7, get the i5 2500k. For an extra $100 you wont see any gaming improvements.

Come on guys, the game looks great! Even if some of the textures aren't as high-res as others... Compared to ME1 and 2 it's definitely better-looking, the new FXAA does a pretty good job, and I'm sure folks with a powerful PC like myself will be able to force Supersampling like the previous two games.

If you haven't tried SSAA on ME1 and 2, you need to - it's beautiful. It makes MSAA look like a joke on this engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.