How Well Will Mass Effect 3 Run On Your PC?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GozerHozer

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Bought the game and im about 4 hours gameplay, 0 crashes, no problems, love the story telling.

But its a DX9 game, very very LAME, why no High Rez Pack for the PC?
Are high-end Rigs now a waste of money??

Graphics are ok, look a bit dated some times, great job on the Female characters, very good.

I have a very high end PC and I want high Rez Graphic, FUN games.
I have a Xbox360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2 and almost stopped buying Console games.
I just love my Keyboard and mouse for FPS games.

My Rig---
-EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified Hydro Copper-H2O cooled.
-Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz-H2O cooled
-GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
-2X WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM in RAID-0.
-Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB DDR3
-Asus VG236H 120Hz LCD monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision Kit.
-Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 PCI sound card.
-1000Watt Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX Certified 5.1 Speakers.
-THERMALTAKE Toughpower 1200W
-THERMALTAKE Aluminum Armor LCS Super Tower, Liquid Cooling System
-Windows 7 64bit

GozerHozer

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Its a good game, a bit easy and very linier, you cant go off on your own and some graphics could be a lot better on the PC, but have not had any crashes or any game problems.

I would rate the game as 7.5/10..not bad but not great.

I woud say Crysis 2 DX11 is a bit better, this game is ONLY DX9.. So I ask what is the point of this game?..just to prove you can make an "Ok" game?

I guess if all you have is a Console or low-end PC, it will be nice, but if you have a good PC, its just another time killing game.

Graphics are NOT the point of the Mass Effect series, and they never have been. The heart of the game is the story, then the gameplay, and graphics are further down the priority list. I'd say it's enough that ME2 looked and played better than ME1, and ME3 looks and plays better than both.

Yes, Bioware could have done more for the PC release, like a high res texture pack and better antialiasing options, but there's only so much you can do with a 6-year-old engine like UE3. I'm happy that they've improved the lighting, the characters' faces, and that I can run the game at a perfectly-smooth 60fps.

G

It runs flawlessly on my current rig @ 1920x1080. I recently purchased an Asus G74SX-XT1 and I'm very pleased on how it runs. I had some doubts with it being a laptop but with the GTX 560m, i7 Quad, SSD & 12GB of ram I had zero trouble with the game at full res.*

The only qualms I have with the game is the FOV but we dealt with it for the last two installments so it's not really a major problem for me.

*Got it on sale for 1,199.97. ;)

rorouni

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
It runs flawlessly on my current rig @ 1920x1080. I recently purchased an Asus G74SX-XT1 and I'm very pleased on how it runs. I had some doubts with it being a laptop but with the GTX 560m, i7 Quad, SSD & 12GB of ram I had zero trouble with the game at full res.*

The only qualms I have with the game is the FOV but we dealt with it for the last two installments so it's not really a major problem for me.

*Got it on sale for 1,199.97. ;)

Mass effect 3 doesnt need high end rig before you can play it. of course it would run on laptops... it would run even below the capacity of your own hardware....

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009

That's the same thing that happened to Dragon Age Origins. Bioware developped a habbit of trying to fix problems that don't exist. Both Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 2 have been slimmed down in terms of customization.You had an overwhelming list of weapons, armor, ammo types, amps, omni tools,......etc. But ME2 has nothing of these. It instead relies on its good story and action scenes. But I can't help but love ME2 as the characters seem to have more depth than ME1.

hanskey

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I have a Phenom I 9550, 3GB RAM, with a HD4850, and 1920X1080, is flawless at highest graphics settings possible.

This game is designed for a large market so the graphics are not the absolute best, but the story, gameplay and Role Playing game system are fantastic and the multiplayer game is ridiculously fun and addictive.

I also play this on my A8-3850, with 8 GB RAM at max monitor resolution (1368X768, or whatever), and even when I use the HDMI out to the TV, the game runs flawlessly. Plus, now I can game in the living room AND the wife can watch TV, so even though the res is not amazing, it is as good as a console system.

Status
Not open for further replies.