HP 5200C scanner not recognized in XP

val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

My HP 5200c was first used on a windows 98. I purchased an Hp Pavillion 753n
with XP in 2002. I downloaded the new driver and went through the USB port
and it has worked great until this week it would not scan saying it could not
find a scanner. I followed the troubleshooting steps, power on, cables
connected, switching cables and ports to no avail. Through systems device
when testing scan a popup comes from the task bar saying, Found new hardware,
problems occured during installation, Device may not work correctly, yet I
was not downloading anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled with my original
disc, nothing. I found a download for my Scanner especially for HP,
downloaded it and the driver, same priblem. In my systems Info there is a
notation by SCSI/Raid Host Controler Root\ Epstwint\oooo error code 39. When
I click on the properties for that it says the driver may be corrupted and to
uninstall and reinstall the device, {I don' know if that means the scanner or
not, if so I have done that twice}. This is all the info I can furnish. If
necesary, I will buy another scanner, but I would like to be sure it is the
scanner, not the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a
complete computer idiot, but close to it!!

Val wrote:
> My HP 5200c was first used on a windows 98. I purchased an Hp
> Pavillion 753n with XP in 2002. I downloaded the new driver and went
> through the USB port and it has worked great until this week it would
> not scan saying it could not find a scanner. I followed the
> troubleshooting steps, power on, cables connected, switching cables
> and ports to no avail. Through systems device when testing scan a
> popup comes from the task bar saying, Found new hardware, problems
> occured during installation, Device may not work correctly, yet I was
> not downloading anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled with my
> original disc, nothing. I found a download for my Scanner especially
> for HP, downloaded it and the driver, same priblem. In my systems
> Info there is a notation by SCSI/Raid Host Controler Root\
> Epstwint\oooo error code 39. When I click on the properties for that
> it says the driver may be corrupted and to uninstall and reinstall
> the device, {I don' know if that means the scanner or not, if so I
> have done that twice}. This is all the info I can furnish. If
> necesary, I will buy another scanner, but I would like to be sure it
> is the scanner, not the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
> am not a complete computer idiot, but close to it!!

Is this what you downloaded?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61254&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

Did you try contacting HP for help? Even if you're out of warranty, they
may - try the chat interface?

val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Yes, I downloaded that software update, and no I have not yed contacted HP

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Val wrote:
> > My HP 5200c was first used on a windows 98. I purchased an Hp
> > Pavillion 753n with XP in 2002. I downloaded the new driver and went
> > through the USB port and it has worked great until this week it would
> > not scan saying it could not find a scanner. I followed the
> > troubleshooting steps, power on, cables connected, switching cables
> > and ports to no avail. Through systems device when testing scan a
> > popup comes from the task bar saying, Found new hardware, problems
> > occured during installation, Device may not work correctly, yet I was
> > not downloading anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled with my
> > original disc, nothing. I found a download for my Scanner especially
> > for HP, downloaded it and the driver, same priblem. In my systems
> > Info there is a notation by SCSI/Raid Host Controler Root\
> > Epstwint\oooo error code 39. When I click on the properties for that
> > it says the driver may be corrupted and to uninstall and reinstall
> > the device, {I don' know if that means the scanner or not, if so I
> > have done that twice}. This is all the info I can furnish. If
> > necesary, I will buy another scanner, but I would like to be sure it
> > is the scanner, not the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
> > am not a complete computer idiot, but close to it!!
>
> Is this what you downloaded?
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61254&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228
>
> Did you try contacting HP for help? Even if you're out of warranty, they
> may - try the chat interface?

Is SP2 installed? My scanner/camera wizard disappeared after sp2.

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I downloaded that software update, and no I have not yed contacted HP
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Val wrote:
>> > My HP 5200c was first used on a windows 98. I purchased an Hp
>> > Pavillion 753n with XP in 2002. I downloaded the new driver and went
>> > through the USB port and it has worked great until this week it would
>> > not scan saying it could not find a scanner. I followed the
>> > troubleshooting steps, power on, cables connected, switching cables
>> > and ports to no avail. Through systems device when testing scan a
>> > popup comes from the task bar saying, Found new hardware, problems
>> > occured during installation, Device may not work correctly, yet I was
>> > not downloading anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled with my
>> > original disc, nothing. I found a download for my Scanner especially
>> > for HP, downloaded it and the driver, same priblem. In my systems
>> > Info there is a notation by SCSI/Raid Host Controler Root\
>> > Epstwint\oooo error code 39. When I click on the properties for that
>> > it says the driver may be corrupted and to uninstall and reinstall
>> > the device, {I don' know if that means the scanner or not, if so I
>> > have done that twice}. This is all the info I can furnish. If
>> > necesary, I will buy another scanner, but I would like to be sure it
>> > is the scanner, not the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
>> > am not a complete computer idiot, but close to it!!
>>
>> Is this what you downloaded?
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61254&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228
>>
>> Did you try contacting HP for help? Even if you're out of warranty, they
>> may - try the chat interface?

val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Yes It has been installed several months with no problems

"timbotwiddly" wrote:

> Is SP2 installed? My scanner/camera wizard disappeared after sp2.
>
> "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I downloaded that software update, and no I have not yed contacted HP

> >> Is this what you downloaded?
> >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61254&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228
> >>
> >> Did you try contacting HP for help? Even if you're out of warranty, they
> >> may - try the chat interface?

TRENDING THREADS