[SOLVED] HP 6200 does not start up from time to time and the fans run at 100%.

Jaiverson Payan

Prominent
Aug 23, 2022
I have a PC HP 6200 pro mt, when they sent it to me it did not give image but the board gave the cpu error beeps so I reinstalled the processor and it worked normal, but since about 5 days ago every so often (when I turn it off and turn it back on the next day) it starts to have the problem of showing the black screen, fans and I have to do the process of removing and inserting the processor again and again and it is annoying someone has a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaiverson Payan

Prominent
Aug 23, 2022
I'm in Colombia, I made the purchase of the key well where a Uncle who is a systems engineer and told me that it was the ram that I should buy from Samsung and apparently this has solved the problem , In photos of hp I saw that this ram problem was common since it only accepts branch without ecc and without Buffer, it cost me 36 dollars (half a month of food) but I am satisfied Because he has no problems in his make up

Jaiverson Payan

Prominent
Aug 23, 2022
update I thought it had worked by removing the third-party ram but the problem returned, I had to remove the cpu and reinstall it again so that it turned on and the next day repeated the same Also I can't return it

If you have to keep taking the CPU out and putting it back in order for it to work then there is clearly a problem. And that is a VERY old system so it could be anything.

Given it's age, the first place I'd start is by replacing the CMOS battery in the motherboard. Being as those HP 6200 systems were sold like 11 years ago it's almost impossible that the battery isn't needing to be replaced by now. Start there.

Reactions: Jaiverson Payan

Jaiverson Payan

Prominent
Aug 23, 2022
lo revisé hoy I checked it today and when I was installing Windows 10 the PC did a strange restart and then it turned off, and the fans started to spin like a turbine and 4 beeps came out, then it didn't want to start , tried to reset BIOS with motherboard button but it didn't boot anymore because source was corrupt according to beep code, The motherboard is a bit dirty but it's ok and the seller can't return it because the return period is over, will that tower fit an atx source, of course with its adapter for the board? Already That original hp power supplies are not available here

You bought a 12 year old system with a dual core processor? I hope you're ready to buy another one soon because that one is even older than the one you had AND with only two cores you aren't going to be doing much of anything with it unless you use much older unsafe software and OS. I doubt very much you can even run a modern browser with that system, although maybe. Certainly going to be extremely slow with any newer operating system. I'm guessing this probably has either Windows Vista or 7 on it? If it has 7 on it then it might be a little more capable of running more modern browsers and applications. Anyhow I hope you paid almost nothing for it otherwise you got screwed.

I don't tell you this to insult you or make you feel bad, just so that you will know and maybe could take it back and find something significantly newer if you're going to pay good money for it.

Jaiverson Payan

Prominent
Aug 23, 2022
So far it's going well I haven't had lags or anything and I'm using windows 10 21h2 but the system has 8 gb of ram also I plan to upgrade it with some xeon and a gtx 660.

I feel that the change is noticeable from going from a core 2 quad 775 to this i3 that will be temporary, I just want the pc not to lag while I write texts, draw and play fifa 22 or eldeng ring (with performance mods).
also here in colombia a pc with a ryzen 3 costs almost 400 dollars and the salary here is like 200 dollars