HP ENVY dv6, GTX 650m problems.

bsmitty

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hi,

So I bought this laptop about two weeks ago. I was blown away. It ran games very fast. Then I randomly got a code 43 error on the gtx 650m in device manager. After speaking with HP and trying to fix the problem, they decided the graphics card was most likely bad, so I sent the laptop back to them to get a new one. My new HP ENVY came about a day and a half ago. The graphics card worked fine. Now suddenly, I'm getting the code 43 error AGAIN! It's a brand new laptop with a brand new card. What the heck? I tried to update my drivers from the nvidia website. I installed the new 310 beta drivers (when the card was functioning properly). After that I got the code 43 error. I tried to revert back to the old drivers but I am still getting the code 43 error. This is the second time this has happened to me and this is a very expensive laptop. Is it possible that I have gotten two bad 650m's in a row? Is it something to do with the drivers? Is it a problem with the laptop I am using? Do you have any suggestions?

antman2295

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I'm not sure either, I had the same issue on my Dv6 7014nr three times. They finally gave me a brand new laptop (Envy dv6 quad edition with same specs), and now it has happened again. This is the 4th time it has fried. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have had issues with it happening while playing Starcraft 2 every time. I now know that there may be a possible cause that they still have not addressed even though tons of peoples cards have been fried. I'm not sure if it HP or Blizzard, but I plan on looking into this further.