Jun 20, 2024
Laptop: HP ENVY 13 x360 Ryzen 7-4700/16GB/512/Win11
Never had any problems with this laptop until today, yesterday i used ccleaner to clean the drive and everything was fine. Today I tried to use it but theres just HP logo with loading circle. Every 2nd time I try to turn it on it shows "preparing automatic repair", after few minutes it restarts and theres just infinite loading screen with hp logo.

I tried F2 and doing all the diagnostics -> everything seems fine.
F11 -> theres "Wait..." under the loading circle but after few minutes it disappears and infinite loading screen appears again.

I wanted to install win10 instead but I get the BSOD with "Driver PNP Watchdog" error...

What could be the problem? I dont care about the data on it, just wanna use it but cant even install other OS...

Jun 20, 2024
what happened if you try install windows 11?
I tried win10 but theres only hp logo with infinite loading circle and then BSOD with the mentioned error, I can try installing win11 if theres a chance the results will be different

I've never run ccleaner. Did your system automatically reboot after running it? Did you poweroff your system yesterday and poweron today? I leave my system running 24/7/365.

I'm guessing ccleaner maybe 'updated' your drivers, but not necessarily in a good way.

A clean install is likely what you need to do, by following these instructions to the letter.

Jun 20, 2024
I've never run ccleaner. Did your system automatically reboot after running it? Did you poweroff your system yesterday and poweron today? I leave my system running 24/7/365.

I'm guessing ccleaner maybe 'updated' your drivers, but not necessarily in a good way.

A clean install is likely what you need to do, by following these instructions to the letter.
No, they system didnt reboot after running it, it was working fine. I didnt poweroff the laptop, i just left it on the desk and today tried to do something and all i got was infinite loading screen...

Yeah i wanna do the clean install but when I plug the USB with the clean OS it doesnt go past the loading screen with HP logo... Let me clarify, I plug in the USB with OS, go to boot menu and select that USB to boot the OS from it, and after that i have the hp loading screen and after like a few minutes i get blue screen with "Driver PNP Watchdog" error...

F11 gives me loading with "Please wait
Are you giving it enough time to load the recovery prompt. It's not instant some go faster and some snail.

And this is IF YOU have not in the past hosed the recovery partition with a clean boot from a USB Windows installer in the past that would have deleted that recovery software.

Go here - Start your PC in safe mode in WIndows, and select the Windows 10 tab. Select "From a black or blank screen" and follow the instructions starting at number 2. If you get to the screen that Shows - "Choose and option", select Troubleshoot. At this point, if you get this far, you have options to either "Reset this PC", or "Advanced Options" which are "System Restore", "Go back to previous version", "System Image Recovery", or "Startup Repair", .... If you want to keep it simple, choose "Reset this PC" from the Troublshoot window - note it states you'll lose all your files. If you don't want to do that, choose an Advanced Option.

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecarver
Jun 20, 2024
Are you giving it enough time to load the recovery prompt. It's not instant some go faster and some snail.

And this is IF YOU have not in the past hosed the recovery partition with a clean boot from a USB Windows installer in the past that would have deleted that recovery software.
yes, after 5-10mins the "please wait" text disappears and i have the infinite loading again

Jun 20, 2024
Go here - Start your PC in safe mode in WIndows, and select the Windows 10 tab. Select "From a black or blank screen" and follow the instructions starting at number 2. If you get to the screen that Shows - "Choose and option", select Troubleshoot. At this point, if you get this far, you have options to either "Reset this PC", or "Advanced Options" which are "System Restore", "Go back to previous version", "System Image Recovery", or "Startup Repair", .... If you want to keep it simple, choose "Reset this PC" from the Troublshoot window - note it states you'll lose all your files. If you don't want to do that, choose an Advanced Option.
I
Than your next move is what rickypicky5 posted.
yeah tried it before, it doesnt go to the winRE, tried restarting it 3,4,5 times and nothing happens