Question HP Laptop starts freezing randomely when plugged in only

Jul 18, 2023
I have a problem with my HP 250 G7 laptop that starts freezing randomely when plugged on battery and everytime i run a game on it even sometimes when not plugged, at first when i bought it last year it was working well but since last 2 months this problem started occuring i thought the problem was the RAMs or maybe my HDD so i changed my ram sticks i bought another 8GB DDR4 RAM and an SSD but the problem was still happening i was thinking maybe its the battery that started failing but unfortunately its an integrated one so i cant test the laptop without it i tried many solutions for the same topic of mine but to no avail if anyone experienced the same problem or has any possible solution that i can try please share it, Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The laptop you have, even if I were to assume you have the highest pedigree discrete GPU listed here;
the laptop you own isn't exactly meant for gaming, IMHO.

i bought another 8GB DDR4 RAM
Did you add a stick of ram that's identical to the one in your laptop? If not, can you pass on images of both sticks of ram with the stickered side showing up?

You might also want to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates a s well.

Integrated batteries can be disconnected, you just need to disassemble the laptop to gain access to the connector to disconnect it from the motherboard.

Jul 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The laptop you have, even if I were to assume you have the highest pedigree discrete GPU listed here;
the laptop you own isn't exactly meant for gaming, IMHO.

i bought another 8GB DDR4 RAM
Did you add a stick of ram that's identical to the one in your laptop? If not, can you pass on images of both sticks of ram with the stickered side showing up?

You might also want to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates a s well.

Integrated batteries can be disconnected, you just need to disassemble the laptop to gain access to the connector to disconnect it from the motherboard.
Hello and thanks for the response,
by games i dont mean heavy games its just league and csgo or some low demanding games and i run them at very low settings. i used to play them fine until this problem started happening all of a sudden i even owned a crappier laptop before and played for about 3 years on it and this never happened.
as for the RAMs i wanted to say 2 4GB DDR4 sticks not a single one and theyre identical sorry for the misconception, and for the BIOS im not sure about updating it i fear it may cause more problems cuz i use my laptop everyday for work so i cant risk idk.
and about the battery i noticed one thing is that when its out of charge and i plug it sometimes it shows the white light instead of orange meaning its charging
does that confirm your statement about it being disconnected ?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS