Aditya220603

Reputable
Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

So i bought a new HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop from a Laptop Vendor.I asked him to install a 256gb SSD onto my laptop.After the installation was done when i booted up my laptop it was stuck in UEFI Interactive Shell or sometimes it would say BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND.I returned my laptop and the issue was fixed after formatting my laptop.Its been 2 months since the incident and yesterday i rebooted my laptop and experienced the same issue.My laptop is stuck at the UEFI shell and it will boot up after i force restart my laptop for 5-6 times.I have checked the BIOS and in the BOOT DEVICE menu only my SSD is detected(Legacy Support is turned off).Also if i restart my laptop sometimes i get a "blue screen of death" which says FAULTY HARDWARE or something like that.

Please help me fix this annoying issue i haven't shut down my laptop for 2 days now.I contacted my vendor he said it would have to be sent to HP Support and they would probably have to format it again.I have a lot of files on my Laptop so if there is a workaround to not formatting please let me know! My BIOS is up to date according to hp support assistant Thanks!