[SOLVED] HP Pavilion g6-2201sd

Apr 29, 2019
Hello I just resetted my old laptop and I'm curious if it would be worth it to make some changes. I'm not really sure whether I want to upgrade some components or not and I can't really find what the possibilities are. It's a HP Pavilion g6-2201sd. My question is: Is it worth it to upgrade some of its components? (For example, 4gb ram -> 8gb, add a ssd (if possible), change processor)

Solution
With 4 gb of RAM going to 8 in dual channel should help in many cases, and getting a solid state drive will make the system run better for sure. Don't bother with the CPU, if you get to that point, along with any other upgrades, you may as well just replace the laptop with a faster one, plus the CPU in it is 90% sure to not be replaceable.
With 4 gb of RAM going to 8 in dual channel should help in many cases, and getting a solid state drive will make the system run better for sure. Don't bother with the CPU, if you get to that point, along with any other upgrades, you may as well just replace the laptop with a faster one, plus the CPU in it is 90% sure to not be replaceable.

Reactions: Liamve
Solution
Apr 29, 2019
Just one more question, how do I find out what RAM is compatible? I'm not familiar with upgrading laptop parts. DDR3 SO-DIMM with a maximum of 1600 MHz?