[SOLVED] HP win7 drivers incompatibilty/missing ?

NiaNia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Messing around with a frankenstein's PC right now. I'm using a 256gb HDD with windows 7 that came from an HP system that was using an AMD sempron. I got the HDD to boot on newer hardware (intel 4460s) but it is missing a crap ton of drivers, including whatever driver it needs to connect to the internet.

My plan is to simply pump it full of intel software and whatever drivers I can via USB and hope something works unless someone here knows a specific driver that I need. Alternatively, I might just try installing linux getting internet to the system that way.

the MOBO is from an ASUS machine, and when I said it boots, it does but the reliability and frequency of it's boots can be a coin flip.. Sometimes the power button works, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it will simply turn on unprovoked! fortunately it doesn't turn itself off in the same fashion. Spooky stuff though.

I'm interested in how your frankenstein builds are going, and what issues you run in to?

Messing around with a frankenstein's PC right now. I'm using a 256gb HDD with windows 7 that came from an HP system that was using an AMD sempron. I got the HDD to boot on newer hardware (intel 4460s) but it is missing a crap ton of drivers, including whatever driver it needs to connect to the internet.

My plan is to simply pump it full of intel software and whatever drivers I can via USB and hope something works unless someone here knows a specific driver that I need. Alternatively, I might just try installing linux getting internet to the system that way.

the MOBO is from an ASUS machine, and when I said it boots, it does but the reliability and frequency of it's boots can be a coin flip.. Sometimes the power button works, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it will simply turn on unprovoked! fortunately it doesn't turn itself off in the same fashion. Spooky stuff though.

I'm interested in how your frankenstein builds are going, and what issues you run in to?
Well the question i have for you is what mobo are you trying to use asus boards say right on them the specific board.... Tell me the board ill giclve you the website with it's drivers. So you dont pump it full of random drivers and things that will bog it down

NiaNia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Well the question i have for you is what mobo are you trying to use asus boards say right on them the specific board.... Tell me the board ill giclve you the website with it's drivers. So you dont pump it full of random drivers and things that will bog it down
H81M-EM51AD/DP_MD
Oh wow you can LOOK UP motherboard drivers? That explains all the other mishaps like the power button not functioning.