[SOLVED] Hp z800 and rtx3060 ti... bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heruvimium

Prominent
Jul 12, 2019
Greetings.

I have a Hpz800 computer with Motherboard revision 2, and 2 xeon x5690 cpu`s. My question is: if I buy a geforce rtx3060ti, will it be bottlenecked by my old hp z800? right now I have and Amd rx580 8 gb, and it works quite well. But I want to upgrade, and rtx3060 ti seems best bang for the buck right now. I need this video card to use in Blender Eevee render, and unreal engine. Many thanks

=michael=

Solution
You should be able to work with the RTX3060Ti in your setup but to be honest, you might want to look at memes out there that state how even the most efficient and powerful mainstream processors people have in this day and age are no match for the RTX 3000 series of cards, which means the GPU's themselves are overpowered, the limiter now is the CPU/platform. In that regards, you have a Xeon from a decade ago...so you can understand where my concern is.

It'll work but it's not going to let you take advantage of the proposed new GPU purchase.

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to work with the RTX3060Ti in your setup but to be honest, you might want to look at memes out there that state how even the most efficient and powerful mainstream processors people have in this day and age are no match for the RTX 3000 series of cards, which means the GPU's themselves are overpowered, the limiter now is the CPU/platform. In that regards, you have a Xeon from a decade ago...so you can understand where my concern is.

It'll work but it's not going to let you take advantage of the proposed new GPU purchase.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.