Mar 22, 2021
I updated my ZBook from Windows 7 to Windows 10 as a requirement for some new work security issues and now my Wifi no longer works. I'm hard wired most of the time but the Wifi Button (not a function button but a stand alone button) stays orange. When pressed it toggles Airplane Mode but doesn't actually allow for the Wifi adapter to be enabled (it's function in Windows 7). When navigating to the Network Adapters, my wifi card is disabled. If I try and enable it, it will turn on for 1 second and this disable itself again. I purchased a USB wifi adapter as a test and it does the same thing, automatically disables. I have troubleshooted all of the answers I can find online (listed below) and have not had any luck but also have been unable to find my exact issue.

Tried and didn't work:
Unplug and remove battery, hold down power button for 30 seconds.
Uninstall wifi adapter and restart machine
Update drivers from Intel website vs windows updates
Update BIOS
Change BIOS settings for WLAN/LAN
Restart without LAN connected
Press WIFI button as computer boots

I also read several times about a power saving setting that I should change so computer can not put WIFI to sleep but I don't have any power options on my WIFI adapter in the Device Manager.

TIA!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Does device manager detect the WiFi adapter? Does it show a little yellow triangle?

I am not sure if related or not, but I had a Toshiba that had originally had 7 on it. There were a bunch of function buttons across the top, not part of the 'function keys'. When it updated I had issue with aspects of the computer not working in relation to those, until I went back to Toshiba's site and DL/install a program they had specific to those functions.

Mar 22, 2021
Does device manager detect the WiFi adapter? Does it show a little yellow triangle?

I am not sure if related or not, but I had a Toshiba that had originally had 7 on it. There were a bunch of function buttons across the top, not part of the 'function keys'. When it updated I had issue with aspects of the computer not working in relation to those, until I went back to Toshiba's site and DL/install a program they had specific to those functions.

Device Manager does detect it and I can also enable it through the Device Manager but it immediately disables itself again. I've tried every combination of function buttons. My actual WIFI button is separate from the function keys and is by the screen with a mute/unmute button that works fine still.