[SOLVED] I’m recasting my Pc is there anything to look out for

May 13, 2020
I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 I5-4460 CPU, 500W PSU, 8GB RAM, R9 380 nitro GPU. These are all cased in the dell Inspiron 3847 original case

I’m swapping cases with a new Aerocool Split Tempered Glass Windowed Mid Tower Case. I was wondering if there is anything to look out for or anything that could go wrong. I heard that if I don’t do it properly I may have a boot up problem.

Please let me know ASAP
Thank you

Solution
Collect all the User Guides/Manuals applicable to the build's components.

If you do not have the User Guide/Manual go online to the manufacturer's website to download the documentation and look for updated information,

Read the documents and plan out your build step-by-step. What is to be done, in what order, and what to expect and/or be careful about.

Examine all components: check plugs and connectors. Ensure that they all match as expected before assembly. A mismatch is a likely problem,

Have a clean, well lit, comfortable work area with tools handy. Do not rush and if something seems amiss then stop. Figure it out and then proceed.

Connections and fits can be tight but you should not need to force anything into place...

Ralston18

Titan
Anything could go wrong.

Why are you changing cases? Have you changed cases before? Why?

What problems did you/ do you have with the original case?

Are you going to make any other changes: e.g., RGB lights, overclocking, more fans, add drives, etc.?

Is it really necessary to change cases or just a matter of cosmetics?

May 13, 2020
Anything could go wrong.

Why are you changing cases? Have you changed cases before? Why?

What problems did you/ do you have with the original case?

Are you going to make any other changes: e.g., RGB lights, overclocking, more fans, add drives, etc.?

Is it really necessary to change cases or just a matter of cosmetics?

my current case is really damaged with the back metal bent that I can’t even close the side panel. The hard drive slots are broken and there are a lot of wires next to the fans. I think it really does need a new case.
I have never changed cases before however I have changed many pc parts in the past. I won’t be adding anything but I do get a fan with the case so probably will try and add that in

Ralston18

Titan
Collect all the User Guides/Manuals applicable to the build's components.

If you do not have the User Guide/Manual go online to the manufacturer's website to download the documentation and look for updated information,

Read the documents and plan out your build step-by-step. What is to be done, in what order, and what to expect and/or be careful about.

Examine all components: check plugs and connectors. Ensure that they all match as expected before assembly. A mismatch is a likely problem,

Have a clean, well lit, comfortable work area with tools handy. Do not rush and if something seems amiss then stop. Figure it out and then proceed.

Connections and fits can be tight but you should not need to force anything into place.

Nor should you need to do any metal cutting, bending, or similar modifications that physically alter the case. If things do not line up - something is wrong.

Here is a link that will be helpful:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-build-a-pc,5867.html

Solution