Question I am planning to build a PC but

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, I am planning to build a PC That will run games like heavy modded skyrim, mirror's edge, gta v and more and right now I have recently bought a GPU which is a Palit gtx 1070ti dual and about to buy a i7-8700. I heard that Palit has a terrible cooling. Do you guys have a good suggestions on how to prevent high temps and good pc parts especially fans and case with rgb while considering a budget of 1000$? Will appreciate all of your suggestions :)

I would get a big case.
I think the larger the case....the better the cooling.
I'm running a Corsair 750D on my latest build.
Two intake fans in the front. Three exhaust out the top and I think there's one more exhaust on the back.
My temps are very cool.
Plus a big case can make things much easier to work on.

mtracy1991

Reputable
Hi, I am planning to build a PC That will run games like heavy modded skyrim, mirror's edge, gta v and more and right now I have recently bought a GPU which is a Palit gtx 1070ti dual and about to buy a i7-8700. I heard that Palit has a terrible cooling. Do you guys have a good suggestions on how to prevent high temps and good pc parts especially fans and case with rgb while considering a budget of 1000$? Will appreciate all of your suggestions :)
Ah... I already like you. Heavy modded skyrim :)
I play Fallout 4 modded and one issue I came across was 16 GB of RAM wasn't enough to handle the amount of plugins and mods I attempted to run. You would want to get 32 GB of RAM for running the mods. I run the AMD 2700x CPU and 32 GB of RAM and will hopefully be doing some test mod runs within this month. The stock fan with the 2700X CPU is good, so you don't need a crazy AIO or fan cooler that would be third party. I have a huge case that I purchases for $220 on eBay. It's on there for $335 currently and comes with 8 fans installed and supports E-ATX mobos.

See Attached for the case: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-Ros...930489&hash=item1a39d20ca6:g:hmIAAOSwUYNaCNCY

You can also attach a ton of fans into this case and there are hubs available. It isn't a clear case, but it is durable and amazing with assisting in dust prevention.

Side note: You can watch your GPU temps when playing games to analyze if you need to fan curve the cooling or what not. There are also third party coolers for GPUs meaning one may exist for your GPU if you did research for that.

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Be sure to have positive pressure inside the case, try to buy three intake front fans and two exhaust, and get good fans like noctua even if they dont have rgb or fancy colors, they are really good at cooling stuff. put a custom fan curve with the gpu and always monitor your temperatures; put your cpu cooler in vertical position so the hot air of the cpu doesnt go against the gpu but to the rear fans that exhaust that air. always keep all system fans at 75% except gpu and cpu fans (good temps and you dont sacrifice life span of the fans by running them at 100% all day), try to change the custom fan curve of the cpu fans in the bios. 60c = 90-100% cpu fans speed.

TRENDING THREADS