[SOLVED] I am trying to install windows 10 to my computer

Sep 2, 2019
Howdy, I am attempting to install windows 10 to my pc. I am using a usb for installation and I am running on legacy mode. When I run the installer I get an error "System Service Exception". I have tried using chkdsk on my C drive but there is no problems found. What can I do?

Solution
I decided to take the hard drive from this computer out and putting it into my main pc. From there I installed windows 10 to that hard drive. I put back the hard drive into the original computer but now it doesn’t detect an OS. The other computer can detect the OS. Does my computer not accept windows 10? I know it originally came with windows 8. It is an aspire e1 772g.
Windows associates itself to the motherboard it is installed with. I learned that from personal experience trying to upgrade a motherboard and using the same HDD and same copy of windows. That install of windows will not work with the laptop.
Sep 2, 2019
I decided to take the hard drive from this computer out and putting it into my main pc. From there I installed windows 10 to that hard drive. I put back the hard drive into the original computer but now it doesn’t detect an OS. The other computer can detect the OS. Does my computer not accept windows 10? I know it originally came with windows 8. It is an aspire e1 772g.

USAFRet

Titan
For multiple reasons, it doesn't work like that.
You can't just move an installed OS between systems and expect it to work.

Reactions: PC Tailor

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Windows associates itself to the motherboard it is installed with. I learned that from personal experience trying to upgrade a motherboard and using the same HDD and same copy of windows. That install of windows will not work with the laptop.

Solution
I decided to take the hard drive from this computer out and putting it into my main pc. From there I installed windows 10 to that hard drive. I put back the hard drive into the original computer but now it doesn’t detect an OS.
Disconnect all other drives from main pc, when installing windows.
Remove HDD after first reboot (after files are copied onto hdd) and put it back into original pc.
Complete setup in original pc.

Sep 2, 2019
Disconnect all other drives from main pc, when installing windows.
Remove HDD after first reboot (after files are copied onto hdd) and put it back into original pc.
Complete setup in original pc.
Actually I already found the issue, the RAM was somehow stoping the installation. Unplugging the RAM worked!