Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2021
Hi, i had asked a question in this forum about some keys don't work in my notebook. After this i watched some videos in internet and read some blogs about notebook circuit repair. So, i opened my notebook(wasn't the first time), pullmy keyboard out and tried to fix it as videos. I did everything as in videos and i realized that i won't be able to find out that which traces are broken. So i put everything back and closed my notebook. After this i opened my notebook and realized that my keyboard completely doesn't work. Now i am having trouble about fixing it and price of a new keyboard is over my budget. I will add a photo of it, probably someone can lead me fixing it.

Photo: https://ibb.co/YX1Xdr5

Note: i opened notebook again and pulled keyboard out as connected, so i will be able to fix it while i am using it.

Edit Note: Not only keys, but also backlit and caps lock, f12, f6 lights doesn't work. So i realized that problem first is not about traces. It is probably about back circuit. I connected it normally so probably i had broken it.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021
$18 is too much?
It is not 18 dollars in my country, i actually live in Azerbaijan and it is about 50 bucks here. And i just find out that i am able to fix it. There are 2 layers in my circuit board. When i make up layer traces touch to down layer traces some characters is written. With this method i accidentally turned on backlit. Now it is about to accommodate layers right. I need some help about this cuz when i place one over another it doesn't work.

Oct 30, 2021
Now i accommodated layers and turn on laptop, 3 keys are working: g, h, and backspace. Probably i damaged other keys' traces. And still caps lock, f6, f12 leds don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.