Question I BSoD when loading up MOST games, but why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2022
Ok so I recently built a PC and it meets requirements for every game that I have ever downloaded or felt like playing. This was perfect for the first few months (I suspect because my SSD was working with a low load but I really don't know), but recently when trying to get back into games like Apex Legends, Warzone, Rainbow 6 Siege & GTAV, I seem to BSoD with the following codes. [0xc000021a] [CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED] [Unexpected_store_exception] These are only the codes I've recorded and been able to see before my computer automatically reboots. Personally I find this mind boggling for the simple fact I have all those games on low quality and then used to run fine but when I put a game like CSGO or Valorant on Max settings to test if they'll make me bluescreen I'm able to play perfectly fine same with League of Legends and loads of other eSports or Optimized titles.

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Palit 3060ti
MB: Asus X470-F
PSU: Corsair CX650W
Cooling (Just in case): EK 360mm AIO
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb

I've ran MemTest86 on the RAM and both bars complete the tests. I don't really have the money to test most things unless I can test them via some sort of software, I've been able to run chkdsk on my SSD and also the memory test and they both come back with passes. To be honest I've done so many things that the internet tells me to I cant remember all of it, for [0xc000021a] I've ran command prompt and done the /cleanup-image /restorehealth stuff and all the other things youtubers/forums have told me alike I try my hardest to only do the things that have been told to be done consistently through multiple sites so I don't end up downloading any dodgy programs. This part really ticks me off, I must have looked up one of my crash logs and once i got through to a forum on Microsoft talking about the crash log I came to a comment section that said "This doesn't really mean anything blah blah blah" ever since I've seen this I've just lived my life playing the same games and doing my work (which seems to work perfectly fine). I'm here for clarification on the most asked question I've seen, 'Is it my hardware or is it my software' which I know seems like a question with so many variables is insane but I just cant wrap my head around what to do. Even while writing this I'm getting stressed because I feel like I've missed out things I've done to fix this or specs on my PC that I should be telling you guys about that I haven't yet, god bless anybody that's going through what I'm going through because this is the most tedious experience I've ever had since my mothers laptop dying on me mid CSGO game back in 2015. I don't know much about PCs behind the face value commands etc but if there's one thing I'd like anybody trying to help me with this is Why do games like Valorant or League work perfectly at Native Res and Max Settings (I know they're optimized for any pc but Jesus) compared to a game like Rainbow 6 Siege on a Lower 4:3 Res with Low settings across the board. Lastly, like I said I don't know much but I feel like it either one of these two things, According to beQuiet's PSU calculator my PSU is taking about a 80-90% load from my specs where as a 750-850 would only be taking about a 60-70% load & My SSD (as stated everything seemed to work fine before I downloaded any miscellaneous software) Please Help !! :(

Just as I finished this I remembered... This happened on Windows 10 and then I went to Windows 11 and saw minor changes.. games were running etc I never tested for how long but getting into a lobby and finishing a game was enough for me (I literally sacrificed every file for this) and now its back same codes and everything do with this information as you must but please can a Upcoming Alan Turing please let me know what direction I should take even if its go to Curry's and PC World and beg them for help just let me know anything I should do. Thanks for your time.

Reactions: dexterxlr8

Colif

Win 11 Master
[0xc000021a] [CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED] [Unexpected_store_exception]

did you run Samsung Magician on your ssd?
try running diagnostics, and look at smart as well

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

I didn't vote as I seen too many BSOD to say its one and its the other :)

Is it my hardware or is it my software
most times it is just impossible to tell from the onset.
and many times it can be a combination of both.

sometimes trying different drives, trying different configurations of RAM, and swapping out components until it is narrowed down to a single device is the only way to troubleshoot such situations.

hopefully you can narrow it down more via software and dump files but without components to swap you may be limited to taking it to a repair shop and allowing them to do it for you.

good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
based on errors I think its the ssd.
0xc000021a happens when winlogon or csrss.exe stops working, both these are critical files and windows can't run without them.
critical process died is very much same.
Unexpected Store Exception. The store is used by CPU to track location of files in virtual memory. They either in ram or page file on ssd.

I have been wrong before so I asked for dumps as they might show more. If he isn't getting any dumps, that makes me think its the ssd even more as they are created on it.

Jun 1, 2022
did you run Samsung Magician on your ssd?
try running diagnostics, and look at smart as well

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
I didn't vote as I seen too many BSOD to say its one and its the other :)
So after running Samsung Magician (thanks for showing me this software btw) i seem to get Good on everything but for the this other option it says Windows 10, would it still work on Windows 11?

Jun 1, 2022
most times it is just impossible to tell from the onset.
and many times it can be a combination of both.

sometimes trying different drives, trying different configurations of RAM, and swapping out components until it is narrowed down to a single device is the only way to troubleshoot such situations.

hopefully you can narrow it down more via software and dump files but without components to swap you may be limited to taking it to a repair shop and allowing them to do it for you.

good luck.
Yeah, honestly ever since this has been happening the only thing running through my mind is trying to narrow it down to a specific piece of hardware but its just so intimidating to think about buying a whole new PC effectively to fix one, thanks for your input nonetheless no matter how small it helps me make a decision that could last years <3

Status
Not open for further replies.