Question I can use 144Hz with DVI but with DisplayPort I get no signal ?

Mar 21, 2024
Hi,

I have an Asus VG248QE monitor , i bought it years ago when it was ranked 1st on price/performance for 120+Hz monitors. It has been used in ESL too but it has a problem with DisplayPort.

To reach 144Hz on the previous computer i had to use DVI cable because using DisplayPort gave me NO SIGNAL, black screen. I tried switch button on monitor to select between DP-DVI-HDMI but nothing.

Now I have a new computer with an RTX 3060. The problem is that new GPU no longer has aDVI port so I must use the DisplayPort beccause the HDMI port on this monitor is a old version, it can reach only 60Hz, but the DisplayPort gives me the same NO SIGNAL problem when I set 144Hz.

If i use DisplayPort cable I can turn on the computer without problem and I can even set 144Hz without problem but the next time you turn on the computer it gives me NO SIGNAL.
If I leave the setting at 60Hz there is no problem.

i tried an HDMI-to-DP cable, putting HDMI end on the GPU and the DP end on the monitor, but then it can only reach 60Hz, and I can't find a DP- to-DVI cable, would that even work ?

I tried a different DP cable too.

Is this a monitor problem, should I replace it ?:mad:

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise on checking to see if your motherboard is pending a BIOS update. Try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Speaking of BIOS/motherboard, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Your panel will only do 144Hz at 1080p over the DVI-D or Display Port ports on your panel/GPU.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
They weren't that good, even in their time, faulty as hell too.

Two fixes were to unplug everything then replug the DP cable and boot. The other was to plug in a second monitor, open windows display settings and then plug in your Asus monitor via displayport. When it shows up you make it "main"