Question I can't use 144hz only 60hz works, need help I am so desperate.

Jun 1, 2023
Hello guys! I bought a new RTX 3060 TI card and upgraded it from a GTX 1070 which I was using an DVI and this supported 144hz
now on my new GPU there is no DVI port which is understandable as it is outdated, so I tried using my only HDMI cable I had and while it worked it doesn't support a higher refresh rate than 60hz.

So I have been told to try a Displayport cable so I went and got one! it made things worse and it changed my max resolution to 1670 x 1050 something like that, so I figured it was an old cable maybe and it didn't support 1080p so today I went and got a 1.4 DP cable which VESA certified and while this wokrs with 1080p I cannot choose HZ above 60 as the screen will show me "no signal" issue, what now ? how can I force my monitor use 144hz ? even 120, even 100 will be enough but not 60hz, please I need all the help I can get, and I am very sorry for my English as it is not my native and also I am in a hurry.

my monitor is btw the AOC G2460PF.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello guys! I bought a new RTX 3060 TI card and upgraded it from a GTX 1070 which I was using an DVI and this supported 144hz
now on my new GPU there is no DVI port which is understandable as it is outdated, so I tried using my only HDMI cable I had and while it worked it doesn't support a higher refresh rate than 60hz.

So I have been told to try a Displayport cable so I went and got one! it made things worse and it changed my max resolution to 1670 x 1050 something like that, so I figured it was an old cable maybe and it didn't support 1080p so today I went and got a 1.4 DP cable which VESA certified and while this wokrs with 1080p I cannot choose HZ above 60 as the screen will show me "no signal" issue, what now ? how can I force my monitor use 144hz ? even 120, even 100 will be enough but not 60hz, please I need all the help I can get, and I am very sorry for my English as it is not my native and also I am in a hurry.

Looking at the specs for that monitor -- https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/monitor/g2460pf/specification You have to use DisplayPort to get 144. HDMI won't work. Get a DP cable.

Oct 24, 2017

I'm probably wrong but maybe i could be a driver issue?

Jun 1, 2023
how can I install an INF file ? do I need to extract the installation files to a specific folder ? as it is not typical setup.exe file

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Once extracted, just open device manager, select your monitor and click update driver, point it to the location you extracted the file to. If the driver is acceptable it will install it.