Question I dont know how to Port Forward my Asus router

Apr 28, 2019
I have tried several times to Port Forward this router,but at the end of the day it never works.By that i mean my port isnt open.
I am trying to port forward for a Minecraft server to play with my friends.
My router's model is ASUS RT-AC51U.

I'm assuming you already went through this, but please confirm you've set it up as described below and tell us the outcome (port range, local IP, local port, protocol)

https://www.cfos.de/en/cfos-personal-net/port-forwarding/asus-rt-ac87u.htm

Once this is properly set, if it isn't working, you should try troubleshooting by first:

1. Try connecting locally to ensure your local server is listening on that port.
  2. Try creating a forwarding rule to a different port or host (ie. run a webserver and forward to that).

If all that fails, report the settings so we can investigate further.

cbaxterm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
On the basis of my good experience I can recommend Portforward.com. The web site has a tutorial for your model router at:

I found that site some years ago when I was struggling to configure DSL modem/router with proprietary firmware loaded by the Mexican ISP. I bought the Network Utilities suite of tools for U.S. $40 and in my case it was money well spent. I would suggest first trying to follow the tutorial above, then if that fails go ahead and purchase the Network Utilities that proved so helpful to me when figuring out the undocumented firmware in my DSL modem/router.