Question I got aproblems with the 4070 TI RTX at 60fps??

May 2, 2023
RIVA shows me a constant 60fps without any drops, a flatline frametime timeline, normal GPU and CPU temps and usage, but still, it doesn't look like fluid 60fps gameplay. My friend games look way better on his PC and he uses an RTX 2060

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel 12700k, 4800 mhz

GPU: 4070 TI RTX 12 GB VRAM TUF GAMING ASUS

RAM: 2x 16 GB DDR5 5200 MHz Kingston Fury Beast

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-A

STORAGE: NVME 2TB Patriot

PSU: 850W GEN 5 PCI-E ATX 3.0 GOLD GIGABYTE

here is my benchmark test

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/63625813

i tried:

-Enable the rezisable bar from BIOS and check in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Disabling Vsync and limiting to 60 FPS with RIVA TUNNER

-Update Bios

-Update Nvidia software and Windows 11.

-Reinstalling Windows 11

-Installing Windows 10

-Disabling Windows Game Mode

-testing changing the GPU to a 2080 Super and a Radeon 6700 XT

-testing changing the motherboard and CPU to an Intel 9700k and 16 DDR4

-Changing NVME

Everything and my games stay the same. Could it be my house electric current? Please, I invest so much in this PC, and while the games work, I want the best possible experience.

I beg you

Here are some video examples of 3 games, God of war, Cyberpunk 2077 and Ratchet and Clank Rifft Apart. Check other video Gameplay of the same games on youtube and they look way more smooth

View: https://youtu.be/f2yt87mqGrg

View: https://youtu.be/6OLQ5qkquaE

View: https://youtu.be/fK1xIBuqiqk

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
1) Your CPU supports RAM to 4800mhz, you're running XMP 5200mhz, a gain of nothing in performance for all the instability it provides. Dial it down for stability, stability = smooth performance.
2) Disable the CPU E-Cores and UHD 770 Graphics in Bios.
3) Don't cap your FPS to 60, not in games and not in drivers.
4) Stick with Win 10 for gaming for as long as possible, strip it down, make it simple & stable.
5) Make sure the MB is set to PCIE 5 in Bios.

So what is the monitor status, do you have G-Sync support on it ? What vertical refresh frequency can you max. on it ?
Because a good general setup for video games goes like this:
1) Set your monitor to 120-165hz, the higher the better, long as you don't get in-game speed ups.
2) Enable Fast Sync in the Nvidia Drivers, disable V-Sync in every single game, if it allows you setup "Adaptive or Fast Sync" otherwise set Sync to OFF.
3) Enable OpenGL/Triple Buffering in drivers.
4) Cap FPS to the number you setup in (1). If you do get in-game speed ups, step down WITH the monitor settings together, one number at a time, till you find an optimal spot.
5) In Game graphics options must be optimized, don't run default and don't run Ultra. Many "features" are just robbing performance for no visual gain, like motion blur, depth of field, god rays, etc... Use websites to find guides for such in-game optimization.

Reactions: Peppy2-5-2023
May 2, 2023
1) Your CPU supports RAM to 4800mhz, you're running XMP 5200mhz, a gain of nothing in performance for all the instability it provides. Dial it down for stability, stability = smooth performance.
2) Disable the CPU E-Cores and UHD 770 Graphics in Bios.
3) Don't cap your FPS to 60, not in games and not in drivers.
4) Stick with Win 10 for gaming for as long as possible, strip it down, make it simple & stable.
5) Make sure the MB is set to PCIE 5 in Bios.

So what is the monitor status, do you have G-Sync support on it ? What vertical refresh frequency can you max. on it ?
Because a good general setup for video games goes like this:
1) Set your monitor to 120-165hz, the higher the better, long as you don't get in-game speed ups.
2) Enable Fast Sync in the Nvidia Drivers, disable V-Sync in every single game, if it allows you setup "Adaptive or Fast Sync" otherwise set Sync to OFF.
3) Enable OpenGL/Triple Buffering in drivers.
4) Cap FPS to the number you setup in (1). If you do get in-game speed ups, step down WITH the monitor settings together, one number at a time, till you find an optimal spot.
5) In Game graphics options must be optimized, don't run default and don't run Ultra. Many "features" are just robbing performance for no visual gain, like motion blur, depth of field, god rays, etc... Use websites to find guides for such in-game optimization.
how do i make sure my MB is set to PCI 5 in Bios??