[SOLVED] I have 16gb of RAM, but only 128 MB of VRAM. Can I change this?

Apr 27, 2022
Hello! I have a new laptop that I want to do a little bit of gaming on, but when I check it says I have 128 mb of VRAM, even thought I have 16gb of RAM. I was wondering if there is anyway to boost my VRAM, and if there is, could this be damaging to my system at all?
Not sure if these details are needed, but I thought I would include them anyways:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Windows 11 Home x64
Graphics Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
VRAM 128 MB

Thanks! Sorry if this has been asked before

Solution
If you can change vram minimum it'll be in bios. But you don't need to set a minimum amount unless a game or app detects 128mb isn't enough. In saying that, maximum amount is automatic and game or app will use as much as it needs.

Ideally you want vram set low as possible so you have more ram for other things instead of portion of ram taken away dedicated for igpu.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If you can change vram minimum it'll be in bios. But you don't need to set a minimum amount unless a game or app detects 128mb isn't enough. In saying that, maximum amount is automatic and game or app will use as much as it needs.

Ideally you want vram set low as possible so you have more ram for other things instead of portion of ram taken away dedicated for igpu.

Solution
Apr 27, 2022

A game I want to run says that 128mb isn't enough. Should I go into the BIOS and change it, or does the game automatically adjust the amount to what is needed?