[SOLVED] I have a 2060 super Nvidia Graphics Card. How can I get a second monitor to work with it?

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020
So my 2060 graphics card only has one HDMI port and I've tried plugging in a second monitor into my motherboard with no avail. The graphics card also has 2 display-ports and a dvi input. If I were to buy a second monitor and also buy an HDMI to display-port or HDMI to dvi adapter, would that work? Would it depend on the monitor type or brand?

Solution
Buy a display port cable or a display port to hdmi cable, they are available through most retailers, so long as the monitor you have has a display port input, if not get a display port to hdmi cable

All modern monitors and most tv's now have these connections as standard

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Buy a display port cable or a display port to hdmi cable, they are available through most retailers, so long as the monitor you have has a display port input, if not get a display port to hdmi cable

Solution

Tackwood

Commendable
Jan 2, 2020

thank you!