Question I have problems with my pc

May 25, 2021
So i got weird mouse input in games and the problem was in not activating windows. So I activated it and the problem was solved. To be 100% sure that its solved, i reinstalled windows again after a previous installation(like after 5 minutes). And things started to be much worse:

1)decreased Internet speed(from 16 to 10 mb)
2)games felt laggy even if i have 240 fps(input lag and not smooth image as it was)
3)Windows didnt install any driver(gpu, realtek, etc.) But it did previous 10 times. And i could install any driver by myself without any error, but Windows couldnt.
4)Slow pc overall(not that much but still)

After some reinstallations and other things i thought that the problem is in my motherboard. I bought a new one and now my audio in games is worst. Its still stereo but its so hard to understand where my enemies are. Okay, so i placed my previous motherboard and nothing changed, even sound. After some time videos got brighter. Changed gpu to another one - nothing. Again. Then after a month everything got brighter: videos, games, etc. I tried all stress tests that i can find. No issues found. So I changed everything in my pc: psu, cpu, ram, ssd, gpu(2 times), mobo again and even case. Nothing is changed, same problems!

Please, if you had the same issues, can you help me?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What parts in the pc?

Easy way,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Think you might have "cluttered" the ssd if you have one. If the motherboard has such a tool in the bios might it be possible to clean the ssd from all data and start over again, reinstall windows and those drivers would i get manually anyway.

May 25, 2021
What parts in the pc?

Easy way,

Think you might have "cluttered" the ssd if you have one. If the motherboard has such a tool in the bios might it be possible to clean the ssd from all data and start over again, reinstall windows and those drivers would i get manually anyway.
Computer: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Pinnacle Ridge, PiR-B2)
3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 3791 MHz (38.00x99.8)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE
BIOS: F61, 03/12/2021
Chipset: AMD B450 (Low-Power Promontory PROM26.A)
Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 1330 MHz, 20-19-19-43
- 8192 MB PC21300 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology CT8G4DFS8266.M8FD
- 8192 MB PC21300 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology CT8G4DFS8266.M8FE
Graphics: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1650 Super Gaming
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super, 4096 MB GDDR6 SDRAM
Drive: KINGSTON SA400S37240G, 234.4 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: WDC WDS240G2G0B-00EPW0, 234.4 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Sound: NVIDIA TU116 - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: AMD Zen - HD Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19043.985
I changed ssd to another one, so i guess the problem is not it ssd :C

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So you reinstalled (?) on another ssd and not cloned you have the same issues. The only thing in this list of parts that bugs me is the ram. Can't think of any reason why that would make video output brighter.

There is one later bios, again how that would influence brightness well i don't think it will.

Can you get DDU and get rid of the video drivers? Do go into safe mode as asked. Don't know what gpu's you used so if you had AMD in the system as well scan for those too.

Just to know, what psu is used? =maker+model+wattage.

May 25, 2021
So you reinstalled (?) on another ssd and not cloned you have the same issues. The only thing in this list of parts that bugs me is the ram. Can't think of any reason why that would make video output brighter.

There is one later bios, again how that would influence brightness well i don't think it will.

Can you get DDU and get rid of the video drivers? Do go into safe mode as asked. Don't know what gpu's you used so if you had AMD in the system as well scan for those too.

I bought my pc with only one RAM stick so i bought the new one later and used only one new stick of RAM - nothing was changed. I was using 3 different mobos with different bios versions - so mobo is not causing any problem. I was using RX580 8 GB and ofcourse i used DDU when i installed different drvier verisons and after i changed it to GTX 1650 Super. The problem with bright screen happened when i 580 was in my system so it is not GPU either. I just dont get it.
One thing i forgot to mention is that when i plugged my pc in another splitter games stopped being so laggy for some time. The same was when i changed my Windows Key. Sensitivity in games was better and input lag was decreased. But after some time it all started to be as it was.

May 25, 2021

I checked my Event Viewer and it says i got many critical errors, but the problem is that i didnt saw them: no reboot, bsod or something like that. What does it mean?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at powercube, but cannot see anything that mentiones those as "surge protector".

Might btw better to make a screenshot of the "critical errors" and post it here.

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

May 25, 2021
Looking at powercube, but cannot see anything that mentiones those as "surge protector".

Might btw better to make a screenshot of the "critical errors" and post it here.
Ye, i cant find it too. But it looks like that:
71Gdn2-ch1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I pinned screenshot of the errors but it didnt work. Trying again:
QhjGMS.jpg

So it happens in the morning when i launch my pc and in the evening but there is no bsods, weird restarts, long pc launch, etc.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Disable fast start up and see if this helps. The how to you can find here,
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Other thing, what voltage is the ram running? Still think you should have better ram especially since you combined two single sticks.

Don't know what quality those power strips are so hard to say something about that. You tried directly from the wall? You have power problems where you live? If so might an UPS be a better solution.

Last edited:

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Is that random reboots or you just not waiting for it to finish rebooting cleanly? Either way, that will eventually corrupt files. And weird stuff starts happening. Buying hardware is rarely the answer. Unless you have eliminated everything else and you are 110% sure which one component is at fault. Save your money, troubleshoot. If you can't figure it out, take it to a PC repair shop. You probably will save a lot of money that way, by not buying parts. What do they charge? 50-100$? I've always done it myself so I have no clue on price.

Did you install all the drivers? Chipset, USB, LAN?
RAM timings seem to be out of wack. CL20 @ 2666 Mhz? Maybe if it was running at 4000 Mhz. Have you enabled XMP? CL should be below 15 at 2666 Mhz. Otherwise it is the worst RAM I have ever seen. "20-19-19-43". First number is CL = CAS Latency.
Did you install monitor drivers?
Dust buildup inside case? Everything connected? Like heatsink on CPU, all powercables etc?
Have you run Malwarebytes? Could be a bitcoin-miner or similar.

May 25, 2021
Disable fast start up and see if this helps. The how to you can find here,
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Other thing, what voltage is the ram running? Still think you should have better ram especially since you combined two single sticks.

Don't know what quality those power strips are so hard to say something about that. You tried directly from the wall? You have power problems where you live? If so might an UPS be a better solution.
Fast start up isnt turn on. Ram is running on 1.2V But as i saw in benchmark it can be dropped to 1.176, but i think its okay. I dont have problems with electricity. But a few things a need to mention: its super rare, but sometimes i cannot scroll up or down on some pages, after like 3 seconds it let me scroll again. And yes, i tried directly from the wall.

May 25, 2021
Is that random reboots or you just not waiting for it to finish rebooting cleanly? Either way, that will eventually corrupt files. And weird stuff starts happening. Buying hardware is rarely the answer. Unless you have eliminated everything else and you are 110% sure which one component is at fault. Save your money, troubleshoot. If you can't figure it out, take it to a PC repair shop. You probably will save a lot of money that way, by not buying parts. What do they charge? 50-100$? I've always done it myself so I have no clue on price.

Did you install all the drivers? Chipset, USB, LAN?
RAM timings seem to be out of wack. CL20 @ 2666 Mhz? Maybe if it was running at 4000 Mhz. Have you enabled XMP? CL should be below 15 at 2666 Mhz. Otherwise it is the worst RAM I have ever seen. "20-19-19-43". First number is CL = CAS Latency.
Did you install monitor drivers?
Dust buildup inside case? Everything connected? Like heatsink on CPU, all powercables etc?
Have you run Malwarebytes? Could be a bitcoin-miner or similar.
As i said, My pc shuts down, reboots and starts up like there is no problem at all, clean and fast enough. I dont have any repair shops that are modern and good. Most of them are just Repair shops for everything(phones, etc.). But I brought my pc to the shop where i bought my pc parts, and they said that my pc works fine, because all stress tests was completed with no error.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can try to reseat ram/gpu, see if it helps. Can set the ram voltage abit higher to 1.25V, up to 1.35V is very safe and even 1.4V would be fine, see if that helps.

Use the tool from each the ssd maker to check the ssd's in the system. You'll need to find them on either Western Digitals site or Kingston.

Can try and run Malwarebytes Antimalware, see if it finds soemthing although since you seem to have reinstalled should it not.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Check the S.M.A.R.T. status as Vic says.
Have you checked on RAM yourself? Try this: https://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/
Launch it, type in 2500 (megabytes) and Start Testing. Launch another 4 instances. Let em run to at least 100%. You should get zero errors.

XMP sets RAM voltage to 1.35v. That should be safe. Some memory don't like to go much above that. My Hynix AFR seems to get unstable over 1.38v. So I run it at 1.37v.
Samsung B-die is fine up to 1.45v-1.5v.

Anyone interested in RAM IC characteristics can read about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/wiki/ram/ddr4

Last edited:
May 25, 2021
Can try to reseat ram/gpu, see if it helps. Can set the ram voltage abit higher to 1.25V, up to 1.35V is very safe and even 1.4V would be fine, see if that helps.

Use the tool from each the ssd maker to check the ssd's in the system. You'll need to find them on either Western Digitals site or Kingston.

Can try and run Malwarebytes Antimalware, see if it finds soemthing although since you seem to have reinstalled should it not.
I reseated every part, downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware and checked my ssd - still nothing :C

May 25, 2021
Check the S.M.A.R.T. status as Vic says.
Have you checked on RAM yourself? Try this: https://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/
Launch it, type in 2500 (megabytes) and Start Testing. Launch another 4 instances. Let em run to at least 100%. You should get zero errors.

XMP sets RAM voltage to 1.35v. That should be safe. Some memory don't like to go much above that. My Hynix AFR seems to get unstable over 1.38v. So I run it at 1.37v.
Samsung B-die is fine up to 1.45v-1.5v.

Anyone interested in RAM IC characteristics can read about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/wiki/ram/ddr4
My RAM doesnt have XMP profile but I'll try to put diff voltage

May 25, 2021
So ive changed my RAM voltage(1.2 to 1.25) and it got better. Still bad sound, bright image but less input lag and better mouse feel. The same was when i tried to change power limit of my graphics card(from 100% to 110%). I went to gaming club and played from there - games feel exactly the same as on my pc when i hadnt any problem. So i definitely have a problem with my pc :C

May 25, 2021
Like i said can try 1.35V without issues, that may even be enough to get timings lower if you can manage that. Try Cas 18 first see what happens.
I cannot do that because they have different chips: E-die and D-die. Only thing that i can do is just change voltage, nothing more. I tried with one stick of both chips - nothing helps.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only thing preventing changes in the bios is is the limitations of the bios itself. Anyway might not be your problem. Will look further.

Didn't see, but did you try power directly from the wall?

Also again, what psu is used? =maker+model+wattage.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-elite_e_1101.pdf
Have you checked Advanced memory settings?

"Memory Timing Mode Manual allows the memory timing settings below to be configurable. Options are: Auto (default), Manual. "

"Standard Timing Control, Advanced Timing Control, CAD Bus Setup Timing, CAD Bus Drive Strength, Data Bus Configuration These sections provide memory timing settings. "

So, look again.

Reactions: Vic 40