[SOLVED] I installed a new Graphics card and now my PC restarts randomly when playing GTA V.

May 19, 2020
So I installed a new RTX 2070 to replace my 1050ti. When I play games such as CSGO and TF2 I have no issues, but GTA V can randomly restart my computer, no bluescreen, just PC off and back on. My PC only does this when playing GTA V. I used DDU to remove all my GPU drivers and reinstall in the off chance that GeForce never removed the old drivers. I'm not too sure what's causing it, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to my PC. Any advice would be great thanks.

Worth noting that the crashes haven't happened in any other games and the time between crashes is very random. I played GTA 5 for about an hour and a half before it crashed other times where only about 5 minutes into a game.

My specs.
cpu- i5 4570 3.2ghz
gpu - Gigabyte RTX 2070
Ram -16gb ddr3
motherboard - Asrock z97 anniversary
psu - kolink Kl 500w

May 13, 2020
Hi, so the servers are down atm but in story mode I get 60 fps and cpu usage of about 26-35%
that i can guarantee with you there is a big problem with your pc, even though i dont know where is come from. I have a lower specs than you, i7 3770S with a GTX 1060 6gb, but in story mode im having no trouble with 7x-9x fps with the highest setting, MSAA x4, Grass quality normal, Shader and Shadow quality is very high, advanced graphic setting all off, only high detail streaming when flying is on. I only struggle with 60 fps when i play online in full session (27-30 players) and im planning to get a better graphic card, but if your RTX 2070 card only provide 60fps in story mode then i can tell you thats something is really wrong. It must be way better

Last edited: