Question I installed a new nvme but noticed a 30% fps loss. Help

Apr 26, 2023
I recently replaced my 860 evo ssd with a NVMe 980 pro but I've noticed a drop in fps in various games by 30%.

My pc specs:
CPU: i9-10900F
Motherboard: MAG Z490 Tomahawk
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti
Storage: Samsung 980 pro
Psu: Asus ROG Strix 750w Gold

I don't know what caused this drop and I tried to: upgrade bios, download lates driver for ssd/gpu.

Edit:
After doing some tests on 3DMark/MW2 it seems that the fps problem is only on cyberpuck 2077.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason or problem(s) for replacing the 860 evo with a 980 pro?

How full is the 980 pro?

I am not (full disclosure) aware of any particular problems related to either SSD/NVMe so must ask about the history and reasoning for the replacement.

Also: what specific games are dropping fps by 30%? What games are not dropping?

What fps values? Before/After etc.?

How old is the PSU? History of heavy gaming use, video editing, or even bit-mining?

More information needed.

Apr 26, 2023
Hi, there is no specific reason why I changed ssd, only for the speed.

The nmve it only has the operating system and some programs

I noticed it on cyberpunk 2077 on the 860 evo I did around 90/80fps instead on the 980 pro around 60/50 with the same settings.

The psu got it a year ago and I've never had any problems.

Jun 13, 2023
I am having exactly the same issue. The GPU got huge performance loss in every game I tested and fps sttuters making the game unplayable. Did you clone the data directly or do a fresh install of the system?

Apr 26, 2023
I am having exactly the same issue. The GPU got huge performance loss in every game I tested and fps sttuters making the game unplayable. Did you clone the data directly or do a fresh install of the system?
Hi, I did a fresh install of the system, the only game with this problem was cyberpunk.