Dec 28, 2019
So basically, I have a 2080 Super ASUS Advanced GPU. It only comes with 2 DisplayPorts and 2 HDMI ports. I'm looking into playing VR, and the Valve Index / Rift S requires a DisplayPort to power. Right now I am using my two DisplayPorts for my Monitors. Obviously the simple solution is to switch to the included HDMI cables in the box, but those aren't long enough. To get from my PC to my monitors cleanly, I need to have at least a 10 ft HDMI cables that can support 1080p 240hz.

I have looked almost everywhere for a solution, but I can't find anything.

Solution

Question: are you sure this is a model that supports high refresh over HDMI?

Because Acer's website:

Untitled2.png

NewEgg's specs:

Untitled3.png

The manual:

Untitled.png

None of these give any indication that this monitor can do more than 60 Hz with HDMI. People gave advice, but they didn't have the exact monitor model, which you didn't provide until incidentally doing so in your screenshot.
So basically, I have a 2080 Super ASUS Advanced GPU. It only comes with 2 DisplayPorts and 2 HDMI ports. I'm looking into playing VR, and the Valve Index / Rift S requires a DisplayPort to power. Right now I am using my two DisplayPorts for my Monitors. Obviously the simple solution is to switch to the included HDMI cables in the box, but those aren't long enough. To get from my PC to my monitors cleanly, I need to have at least a 10 ft HDMI cables that can support 1080p 240hz.

I have looked almost everywhere for a solution, but I can't find anything.
Just get any HDMI cable with a Premium High Speed certification.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
I'm not the best with this stuff, so I would just like to clarify that this will not change or alter any performance whatsoever.
1080p 240 Hz requires 18 Gbit/s speed. Premium High Speed is the certification given to cables that have been tested at 18 Gbit/s. So that is what you are looking for.

You can get non-certified cables or lower rated cables (High Speed), and they often work at 18 Gbit/s just fine, but there is no guarantee.

DSzymborski

Titan
Solution