[SOLVED] i need help please !! with 10700k oc

Nov 17, 2021
guy'ss you're my last hope i know im doing something wrong with my oc the tempss are really high specially when i enter a game they reach 90c.. i have 10700k z490 aorus elite and msi mag aio 360r.. can someone tell me what to exactly do in the tweaker mode ? i use fixed vcore at 1.35v it's the only voltage the pc wont crash at..

Solution
First of all, what is your objective in overclocking?
It used to be that you got free performance with a good chip.
No more.
Processors are binned and the better chips are used in higher priced models.
If your objective is gaming, then stock settings will allow the turbo mechanism to boost above what you could oc all cores to.
If your objective is batch performance with all cores fully loaded, then oc is worth trying.
If you objective is just curiosity and the challenge, then go for it.

Temperature comes from high cpu voltage and running all cores.
I would imagine that a 360 aio would be as good as it gets if properly mounted. MSI seems to have issues there.
Still, 90c. under load is not all bad. 100c. is the throttle point.

It...
Nov 17, 2021
What CPU speed are you running? If you are using a fixed VCore then you need to also run a fixed multiplier and fixed maximum speed. Somewhere around 4.8 GHz would be a good place to start testing.
Brother i need your help can you walk me step by step ? it's oc to 5.1ghz
cpu clock ratio 51
ring ratio 42
now regarding the
bclk adaptive voltage
cpu vccio
cpu system agent voltage
cpu graphics voltage
all these are set to auto
i only changed the cpu ratio and ring ratio.. ive had this pc for almost a year now on these settings at games it goes around 60-67c (during gaming) but when i start the game the temps spike to 80 88c and then when let's say im in the lobby it goes down to 50c then to 60's when gaming
And if i use adobe premier on 1080p videos it goes to 88 92c
and at idle its 38 to 44c if i open my web browser it spikes to 50-66c then cools down again to 40's
it's like the voltage or something is going way much higher than 1.35
and thank you soo much for replying.. been searching for help for a long time now

No more.
If your objective is gaming, then stock settings will allow the turbo mechanism to boost above what you could oc all cores to.
If your objective is batch performance with all cores fully loaded, then oc is worth trying.

I would imagine that a 360 aio would be as good as it gets if properly mounted. MSI seems to have issues there.

It might be worth it to try just stock settings and your best oc to see if you can actually detect a difference in game performance.
Be careful of the placebo effect.

Solution
Nov 17, 2021
No more.

It might be worth it to try just stock settings and your best oc to see if you can actually detect a difference in game performance.
Be careful of the placebo effect.
If i remove the overclock fps become unsteady in games like pubg.. but bro i can feel that there's something wrong with the settings in the bios.. i saw the review for the msi mag 360r and it made the 9900k reach max 74 76c on full load on cenima bench r6... and if i put it to stock sometimes the temps rise as well because z490 mobos tend to boost on their own usinga lot of voltage..

it's oc to 5.1ghz
It is normal for the temperatures to instantly spike up when you overclock a CPU. Think about the finger nail on your pinky finger. Now think about flicking a switch and instantly sending 150 Watts of energy through it. There is no way to cool that much heat in something so small. High temps that instantly spike are the result.

Some Intel 10th Gen CPUs start hitting the wall at 5.0 GHz. That means the voltage has to start going way up to run them reliably beyond this speed. More voltage equals more heat. Your temperatures are within spec as is. If you want lower temps, you will need to lower your CPU speed from 5.1 GHz back to 5.0 GHz. That last 100 MHz is only a 2% difference in speed but it can make a big difference in heat if the voltage has to be increased significantly to be stable at 5.1 GHz.

Some motherboards will jack up any voltage that is set to Auto in the BIOS. Run HWiNFO and see how high the SA and VCCIO voltages really are. You are not overclocking the BCLK so you probably do not need to enable BCLK adaptive voltage.

With what uWebb429 is suggesting, you are starting off too high, when you aren't familiar with the process.

This ultimately will not work out because of this thing. You need a new cooler.
I was intrigued by your comment on the cooler so went looking. Surprised how badly this thing sucks being outperformed by some 240mm AIO’s. I would expect as you say it won’t work out because of this.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was intrigued by your comment on the cooler so went looking. Surprised how badly this thing sucks being outperformed by some 240mm AIO’s. I would expect as you say it won’t work out because of this.
Yes, the performance isn't stellar, but the reason for my comment has to do with this cooler's longevity.
The pump is in the radiator, and offset from the center, on all the Coreliquid models except K and S.
Adding what we already know about keeping air out of the pump... the OP has a 360mm unit, and there's only 2 ways they could possibly mount it.

Nov 17, 2021
It is normal for the temperatures to instantly spike up when you overclock a CPU. Think about the finger nail on your pinky finger. Now think about flicking a switch and instantly sending 150 Watts of energy through it. There is no way to cool that much heat in something so small. High temps that instantly spike are the result.

Some Intel 10th Gen CPUs start hitting the wall at 5.0 GHz. That means the voltage has to start going way up to run them reliably beyond this speed. More voltage equals more heat. Your temperatures are within spec as is. If you want lower temps, you will need to lower your CPU speed from 5.1 GHz back to 5.0 GHz. That last 100 MHz is only a 2% difference in speed but it can make a big difference in heat if the voltage has to be increased significantly to be stable at 5.1 GHz.

Some motherboards will jack up any voltage that is set to Auto in the BIOS. Run HWiNFO and see how high the SA and VCCIO voltages really are. You are not overclocking the BCLK so you probably do not need to enable BCLK adaptive voltage.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1260669791097694&set=a.636733600157986
that's the link to the pic of HWiNFO brother.. can you see anything wrong ?

Nov 17, 2021

So spiking to 68c for just opening the web browser is normal ?