Question i need to find the best lga 2011 cpu for my mobo

Sep 11, 2022
i have an intel x79g 2011 mobo and the current cpu is a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz, can somone help me find the best cpu's possible? im having trouble with it.
mug-the-adventure-begins.jpg

Well it depends on what you want to do with such a system, I could say the i7 4960x for gaming because it boosts to 4ghz, 6 cores, but that could be the wrong answer if you are using the system for server-related stuff, like VM's, Plex, game servers where an Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 might be better for them kind of tasks, 12 cores 24 threads, but it won't be the best at gaming due to its lower clock speeds.

We need more information on what you want to do and what your goal is.

Good Luck!

Sep 11, 2022
Well it depends on what you want to do with such a system, I could say the i7 4960x for gaming because it boosts to 4ghz, 6 cores, but that could be the wrong answer if you are using the system for server-related stuff, like VM's, Plex, game servers where an Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 might be better for them kind of tasks, 12 cores 24 threads, but it won't be the best at gaming due to its lower clock speeds.

We need more information on what you want to do and what your goal is.

Good Luck!
im looking for the best gaming pref i can get

im looking for the best gaming pref i can get

The i7 4960x is probably the best gaming CPU out of the box you can get on that platform, you can save a little bit of money and go for the i7 4930k and overclock it a bit if that's something you are willing to try and if the board supports it, it will match the 4960x performance wise and is much cheaper still on ebay anyway.

Some of the Xeons on the x79 chipset can be overclocked, but I have really no experience with it and its luck of the draw really, its not guaranteed.

Good Luck!