Question I need to re-install Windows 10

Sep 9, 2023
My PC is buggy and needs a wipe. I have Windows 10 on a USB key from last time I did this. Is that copy of Windows 10 still on that USB or do I have to re download it?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, exactly. I guess if you're asking this im assuming your internet has a download cap or maybe not fast enough, in which case it'll be fine using the older install. If neither of those are a reason then there's no reason not to redo it.

Sep 9, 2023
Make a new Windows install media.
It will include all the recent major windows updates.
You won't need to go through update installs via windows update.
They say to do that, you have to use a computer that you truest to download the Windows file onto. I kind of don't 'trust' this PC, as I believe it to have malware somewhere on it. Hence the reason I'm planning on doing the re-install.

Is it safe to do so?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
They say to do that, you have to use a computer that you truest to download the Windows file onto. I kind of don't 'trust' this PC, as I believe it to have malware somewhere on it. Hence the reason I'm planning on doing the re-install.

Is it safe to do so?

If you believe your pc is infected then just use your old installer and go through the update process, or recreate installer then.