Question To what memory I should upgrade?

May 6, 2024
Hi, I wanna know to what DDR2 memory I could upgrade to. I wanna multi task, and overclock in the future.
Mobo: P35-DS3 rev 2.1
PSU: some noname 350W one
GPU: GT 730
CPU: E6750 (will go to Q9550)
2 SSDS: Samsung 870 EVO and ADATA SU650
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250 GB
Cooler: AIGO ICE200PRO
I got 2 DVD drives. Asus E1814BL and E616A i think
TP-Link TG-3468 Adapter for ethernet
hmm, pretty much thats it
And RAM: 2X1 GB Kingston 333 MHz and 2X1 GB PQI CORP. 400 MHz (4 GB ALL)
I wanna go for 8 GB!!!
Maybe suggest me a decent future gpu too!

Thanks to my friend for dealing with tags.

Ralston18

Titan
Starting point is the P35-DS3 rev 2.1 Motherboard.

Go online to the manufacturer's website and find the applicable User Guide/Manual for the Motherboard.

The manual will provide information on supported components (e.g. , memory) and supported configurations (e.g., memory slots).

There will be lots of details and fine print. Read carefully.

And there will likely be some note, comment, or even a warning that you visit the manufacturers web for more up-to-date information. Be sure to find that information (if any) as well.

You noted that you are considering other upgrades. The same process applies.

Check the motherboard, then go to the component manufacturer's website to read the applicable component documentation: fulls specs, quick start guides, User Guides/Manuals.

Details matter.

May 6, 2024
Starting point is the P35-DS3 rev 2.1 Motherboard.

Go online to the manufacturer's website and find the applicable User Guide/Manual for the Motherboard.

The manual will provide information on supported components (e.g. , memory) and supported configurations (e.g., memory slots).

There will be lots of details and fine print. Read carefully.

And there will likely be some note, comment, or even a warning that you visit the manufacturers web for more up-to-date information. Be sure to find that information (if any) as well.

You noted that you are considering other upgrades. The same process applies.

Check the motherboard, then go to the component manufacturer's website to read the applicable component documentation: fulls specs, quick start guides, User Guides/Manuals.

Details matter.
Checked that. But just asking for like suggestions for memory!! Still thanks for this