[SOLVED] I Oc'ed Ryzen 3600 with 1.325v, but my VID is 1.100 all the time

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Hello as I stated I have some strange issue or I don't know what is happening, usually when on AUTO the VID is working going from 0.900-1459v, etc. But now on static OC, I punched 1.325v on Core Voltage and the VIDs are kinda frozen or smt, they just stay on 1.100 here I'll add the whole image of hwinfo, is that normal or is there some other way to address them separately.
https://puu.sh/F5CS6/cbd4e79bc6.png

Solution
Hello as I stated I have some strange issue or I don't know what is happening, usually when on AUTO the VID is working going from 0.900-1459v, etc. But now on static OC, I punched 1.325v on Core Voltage and the VIDs are kinda frozen or smt, they just stay on 1.100 here I'll add the whole image of hwinfo, is that normal or is there some other way to address them separately.
VID becomes irrelevant when you put it in fixed multipliers with a manual overclock, so don't bother looking at it. Even when the processor is in stock it's not well understood exactly what it means. The best I've understood of it is to think of it as a number that represents the voltage level the processor as asking...
VID becomes irrelevant when you put it in fixed multipliers with a manual overclock, so don't bother looking at it. Even when the processor is in stock it's not well understood exactly what it means. The best I've understood of it is to think of it as a number that represents the voltage level the processor as asking for in order to get the voltage it actually wants. It might ask with a VID corresponding to 1.2, for instance, in order to get 1.3V from the VRM. But even then, it may not be getting that because of effects from VDroop and any voltage offset that may have been programmed, whether by you or the motherboard mfr.

Look mainly at CPU Core Voltage (STI2 TFN) (the actual core voltage reported by the processor) and VCore (the output voltage reported by the VRM controller) when manually overclocking Ryzen. That tells you the story of what the CPU is actually seeing and what the VRM is outputting to get that.

Last edited:
Solution

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
VID becomes irrelevant when you put it in fixed multipliers with a manual overclock, so don't bother looking at it. Even when the processor is in stock it's not well understood exactly what it means. The best I've understood of it is to think of it as a number that represents the voltage level the processor as asking for in order to get the voltage it actually wants. It might ask with a VID corresponding to 1.2, for instance, in order to get 1.3V from the VRM. But even then, it may not be getting that because of effects from VDroop and any voltage offset that may have been programmed, whether by you or the motherboard mfr.

Look mainly at CPU Core Voltage (STI2 TFN) (the actual core voltage reported by the processor) and VCore (the output voltage reported by the VRM controller) when manually overclocking Ryzen. That tells you the story of what the CPU is actually seeing and what the VRM is outputting to get that.
Thanks a lot, the static voltage that I set of 1.325v is been stable, so I just need to ignore the VID while OC. Ok cool this helped a lot.