[SOLVED] I slightly push my PC with my leg and it instantly turns off

sladko_lape50

Prominent
Jan 24, 2019
I have a small desk and cannot afford to have the PC stay on top of it. I keep it under the desk, next to my legs. So sometimes when I stand up, for example, I would slightly push the PC with my leg,(not even with enough power to call it a kick, doesn't even touch the wall most of the times) and it would turn off. Is something wrong with my PC or is it supposed to turn off at the slighest touch?

Solution
I have a small desk and cannot afford to have the PC stay on top of it. I keep it under the desk, next to my legs. So sometimes when I stand up, for example, I would slightly push the PC with my leg,(not even with enough power to call it a kick, doesn't even touch the wall most of the times) and it would turn off. Is something wrong with my PC or is it supposed to turn off at the slighest touch?
It's not supposed to.
This can be caused by a bad/loose connection.
Something to try....
Power down...touch the case on bare metal....then go through the computer and unseat and reseat everything...meaning any adapter cards like the GPU.....and power plugs...and anything else that could have come loose.
Then I would try it again.
It's not supposed to.
This can be caused by a bad/loose connection.
Something to try....
Power down...touch the case on bare metal....then go through the computer and unseat and reseat everything...meaning any adapter cards like the GPU.....and power plugs...and anything else that could have come loose.
Then I would try it again.

Solution
check the power connector where it attaches to the psu. it should be firmly seated in the socket. I had the same problem...my system would shut down everytime I opened the optical drive drawer or plugged in a USB drive.

Reactions: dudio

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
those are good first steps listed above.

my first thought was a possible short of the mobo with the case. while checking all the other connections, check that all the standoofs are in place and the screws are there. i've seen such things that ended up being the mobo shorting against the case. though i have also seen a loose power cable from the wall and other lose connections mentioned above