Question I think my PC has been performing below expectations for a while

Jun 15, 2023
I recently upgraded my GPU from a MSI GTX 1660 Ti to an RTX 4060 Ti thinking that I was going to notice a big change and it hasn't been like that either. For countless months I have felt that my PC is performing below expectations, and at this day I have not found a possible solution.
This has been my last and most recent benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/62124708
I'm thinking of changing the processor and motherboard too.

Any suggestion or configuration that you guys can recommend? My Geforce drivers are already updated.

Extra info: just in case, this was my penultimate benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/62110731
And I have a 240hz, therefore I need the maximum possible performance without overcloacking as much as possible

You sound like my wife. Jokes aside, at 1080p your CPU is going to have a more noticeable effect on performance, since the GPU will be able to push frames very fast. Your CPU is not a bad one, but it's from a few generations ago.

This here isn't too reliable, but gives you an idea of the CPU impact on performance for a given GPU:

You could also run GPU-z and look at "perfcap reason" in the sensors to see if anything is making your GPU throttle down. For reference, my GPU has perfcap "idle" in lighter games like DotA, and perfcap "vRel" under heavier loads like Cyberpunk. vRel means it's already at reference voltage and that's why it can't go faster, which is expected. If you have perfcap "idle" it means the card has no reason to go faster (either because there's software limits in place, like fps limitters, or because it's waiting on something).

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023
You sound like my wife. Jokes aside, at 1080p your CPU is going to have a more noticeable effect on performance, since the GPU will be able to push frames very fast. Your CPU is not a bad one, but it's from a few generations ago.

This here isn't too reliable, but gives you an idea of the CPU impact on performance for a given GPU:

You could also run GPU-z and look at "perfcap reason" in the sensors to see if anything is making your GPU throttle down. For reference, my GPU has perfcap "idle" in lighter games like DotA, and perfcap "vRel" under heavier loads like Cyberpunk. vRel means it's already at reference voltage and that's why it can't go faster, which is expected. If you have perfcap "idle" it means the card has no reason to go faster (either because there's software limits in place, like fps limitters, or because it's waiting on something).
Thank you for answering, about the CPU, I'm thinking of replacing it with an i7-13700K. I think that quality-price would be optimal and more effective than the one I have now. Although I am not so clear about which would be the best motherboard for these components.

Jun 15, 2023
Tell me the games that you played, and at what resolution and settings. Also, what FPS did you get and your expectations.
I play a lot of games. I can talk about one since mentioning all of them would be too extensive. CSGO at 1280x1024 streched, settings all on low and 8x MSAA with Uber Shader on. I'm getting less than 300, 240 FPS approximately and could drop to 175 in every map. My expectation is that it NEVER goes below 300 at least.
I forgot to mention that i use a custom configuration of Nvidia advanced 3D image.

Jun 15, 2023
2 of the storage is running out of space
ram not running at xmp profile
Thanks for answering, is it safe to run the xmp profile? I'm not very familiar with this and I'm not entirely sure what risks there may or may not be. I was reading a bit and I saw that it is like overclocking the ram?

I recently upgraded my GPU from a MSI GTX 1660 Ti to an RTX 4060 Ti thinking that I was going to notice a big change and it hasn't been like that either. For countless months I have felt that my PC is performing below expectations, and at this day I have not found a possible solution.
This has been my last and most recent benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/62124708
I'm thinking of changing the processor and motherboard too.

Any suggestion or configuration that you guys can recommend? My Geforce drivers are already updated.

Extra info: just in case, this was my penultimate benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/62110731
And I have a 240hz, therefore I need the maximum possible performance without overcloacking as much as possible
Make it better.
As has been mentioned you have 2 disk that need work.
On the samsung 860 free up 30GB of space.
On the wd blue free up 30GB of space.

You are running the ram at low speed enable xmp.

Update the bios your way behind.

Run ubm like this.
Reboot wait a few mins for things to settle.
Run ubm with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.

Jun 15, 2023
Make it better.
As has been mentioned you have 2 disk that need work.
On the samsung 860 free up 30GB of space.
On the wd blue free up 30GB of space.

You are running the ram at low speed enable xmp.

Update the bios your way behind.

Run ubm like this.
Reboot wait a few mins for things to settle.
Run ubm with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.
I already activated the XMP profile and the Game Boost from MSI UEFI BIOS. I still have to continue cleaning the WD Blue disk and remove the Samsung 860 Evo 250gb, because I don't use it. These are the new results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/62148985

Jun 15, 2023
From your link:
403 tests.
The average is "145%"
Yours is at 142%

That is 'below potential' only by the slimmest of margins.
If yours were at 144.8%, that would also be "below".
Thanks for the answer, the best way to be above average is overcloacking it right? I think that just changing settings within the Nvidia Control Panel doesn't have much effect in games.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the answer, the best way to be above average is overcloacking it right? I think that just changing settings within the Nvidia Control Panel doesn't have much effect in games.
By definition, not every system can be "above average".

Overclocking just to meet some artificial benchmark number is chasing the wrong thing.
OC brings its own issues...heat, and possibly eventual instabiity.

Completely disregarding what UBM might say, how is the overall performance of the system?

Jun 15, 2023
By definition, not every system can be "above average".

Overclocking just to meet some artificial benchmark number is chasing the wrong thing.
OC brings its own issues...heat, and possibly eventual instabiity.

Completely disregarding what UBM might say, how is the overall performance of the system?
You are probably right, I don't know how accurate and relevant the information that UBM provides is.
Answering your question, probably lower since I bought it, but it's normal I guess. Chrome in general is very laggy. The desktop could go a little faster, and the games definitely more. The system is stable within everything.
Now im testing what results does it give me the MSI Game boost.