mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
I have an aerocool cruisestar advance pc case with an fx-8300 with a TX3 evo cooler and an asus r9 290 directcu II oc. So the problem is that I have around 70°c on the CPU with stress test, and my videocard is at 50-55°c in idle, 60-63°c when I watch online videos or streams and running older (2013) games it easily reach 80-90°c. The card was bought 4 years ago and it has it's stock thermal paste. Neither of them are overclocked. Someone told me to move my build to a bigger case and to repaste it. It would help? The Cooler Master H500 (mesh) is only 75$ in my country. It would be a good improvement? And if I have to repaste it what thermal paste do you recommend? And my cpu's temperature would be better with a CM ML240L liquid cooler?

Solution
Agreed the video card would be the focus. CPU is fine. I would put those to hottest in a bigger case personally, such as the Cooler Master you mentioned but that is up to you. At least get out some compressed air and dust out the fans and heatsink on you video card. If you haven't done that in a while (or ever( that can make a big difference.

mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
Looks like the main problem with that case is that it only has one dinky 80mm fan in the back, and it's optional. Do you have any rear fans in the case now? I known I have 140mm as rear fans in both of my desktops now, and wouldn't go back.
I can't install any fans to the back because the case is small and it doesn't fit because of the cpu cooler.

I have an aerocool cruisestar advance pc case with an fx-8300 with a TX3 evo cooler and an asus r9 290 directcu II oc. So the problem is that I have around 70°c on the CPU with stress test, and my videocard is at 50-55°c in idle, 60-63°c when I watch online videos or streams and running older (2013) games it easily reach 80-90°c. The card was bought 4 years ago and it has it's stock thermal paste. Neither of them are overclocked. Someone told me to move my build to a bigger case and to repaste it. It would help? The Cooler Master H500 (mesh) is only 75$ in my country. It would be a good improvement? And if I have to repaste it what thermal paste do you recommend? And my cpu's temperature would be better with a CM ML240L liquid cooler?

Your CPU temps are fine.

If you have a blower style cooler those GPU temps aren't a big surprise either. However depending on the design it might have thermal pads and/or thermal paste. So be prepared to replace thermal pads if you remove the card cooler. They typically are a one use item. This applies to blower and axial coolers. But the previous advice you received. Repasting your video card would be a prudent first step.

Agreed the video card would be the focus. CPU is fine. I would put those to hottest in a bigger case personally, such as the Cooler Master you mentioned but that is up to you. At least get out some compressed air and dust out the fans and heatsink on you video card. If you haven't done that in a while (or ever( that can make a big difference.

Reactions: mranimo
Solution