Question I was playing GTA V online and my PC just shut down couldn't get any video output throught the GPU

Authonious92

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
So i was just having fun playing GTA V with my friends and all of a sudden my PC shut down,i tried powering it back on it did power back on but nothing was showing on the screen. I got worried and did a little reasearch,tried switching the RAM sticks then cleaning the CMOS but nothing helped. So i figured it may be the PSU so i bought a new PSU a way better one then the old one i had,i had a deep cool 500W PSU and changed it with a EVGA 600W,and again the pc turns on but i get no video output. The GPUs led lights turn on but the fans never spin. I got the PC working through the motherboard and got screen,but the GPU is not showing in DXdiag nor in any other place. I am really worried and dont know what to do could it be that the GPU is dead,and if so how can i know?
My PC:
i7 6700k
Sapphire RX 480 8GB NItro+
RAM 16GB
And a gygabite motherboard

Thanks in advance!

If there is need for more information please ask!

Last edited:
So i was just having fun playing GTA V with my friends and all of a sudden my PC shut down,i tried powering it back on it did power back on but nothing was showing on the screen. I got worried and did a little reasearch,tried switching the RAM sticks then cleaning the CMOS but nothing helped. So i figured it may be the PSU so i bought a new PSU a way better one then the old one i had,i had a deep cool 500W PSU and changed it with a EVGA 600W,and again the pc turns on but i get no video output. The GPUs led lights turn on but the fans never spin. I got the PC working through the motherboard and got screen,but the GPU is not showing in DXdiag nor in any other place. I am really worried and dont know what to do could it be that the GPU is dead,and if so how can i know?
My PC:
i7 6700k
RAM 16GB

Thanks in advance!

If there is need for more informations please ask!
pull the gpu and test in another system if you can?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
My PC:
i7 6700k
RAM 16GB

Thanks in advance!

If there is need for more information please ask!
Did you try to reseat the GPU? (Remove the GPU and plug it in again)