I3-3220 + hd7870 oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

onelah

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
i played hitman absolution with my i3-3220 + hd7870 on 1080p, and i only get average 20 fps. I saw on youtube mostly they can get average fps ~39 on hd7870..Is it my cpu not good enough??

Your CPU is more then likely holding you back yes. It's clock speed firstly and the fact that its a dual core processor as well are what keeping you back from higher frames with your current card yes. Stepping up to a i5 3570k would yield significant frame increase as well as perhaps the cheaper i5 3470. You have a mid level card which is almost a high end card you will need more cpu power to bolster your card as well as a suggested 8 gigabytes of ram.

G

hitman absolution is a CPU dependant game, though that i3 ought not be holding you back by much - its as good as any AMD chip in the game.

maybe take a read on this:
Hitman: Absolution GPU/CPU Performance Review

i am not saying that an i5 would not be better but with your set up you should be getting better, what drivers/settings do you use?

onelah

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
i just checked..my cpu usage up to 70%....and when i played the game during cinematic scene like open door..sometimes it will lag and then fast forward for 10 sec..

looniam:waht driver do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.