[SOLVED] i5 6600k 16gb ram 980ti- still viable for 1080p max maybe some 1440?

Clinton_4

Reputable
Feb 24, 2016
I've been on ps4 pro for a while, all my friends are on it. I've play alot of monster hunter. The load times have become unbearable. I'm bringing my rig back, but at this point, it's a little long in the tooth...
This is the basics of my setup: 6600k +980ti+ 16 gb ram
This still gonna cut it here in 2019?
Can I still squeeze 1440, or at least 1080p max and get that buttery 60fps? That's why we are here, right? Lol jesus.
I know that's a horrible framework for my question, but I would like to know if it will be able to handle the super demanding titles like anthem? Or am I gonna have to nerf some settings/ or have CPU bottlenecks? I have i5 at safe oc @ 4.4ghz 1.3v

Solution
Really depends on the title(s) in question. A 980TI is a plenty capable 1440p card, and still a high-end 1080p at the expense of power draw.

Anthem is a tough one to judge specifically, as it's still(?) early access and lacking optimization. People were struggling to hit 60FPS with a 1070 (so on par with a 980TI) at 1080p High/Ultra. In time, that should be straightened out though
The quad-core nature of the 6600K will limit you in some particularly CPU-intensive titles, but it's not going to be the difference of playable at Ultra 60FPS vs not playable at all - you'll just need to tweak some settings.

For Anthem, the minimum CPU requirement is a 3rd Gen quad. With the recommended being a Quad+Ht (4790) or straight Quad (R3...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Really depends on the title(s) in question. A 980TI is a plenty capable 1440p card, and still a high-end 1080p at the expense of power draw.

Anthem is a tough one to judge specifically, as it's still(?) early access and lacking optimization. People were struggling to hit 60FPS with a 1070 (so on par with a 980TI) at 1080p High/Ultra. In time, that should be straightened out though
The quad-core nature of the 6600K will limit you in some particularly CPU-intensive titles, but it's not going to be the difference of playable at Ultra 60FPS vs not playable at all - you'll just need to tweak some settings.

For Anthem, the minimum CPU requirement is a 3rd Gen quad. With the recommended being a Quad+Ht (4790) or straight Quad (R3 1300X), so I'd anticipate a 6600K having no problems on that front.
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/buy/pc-system-requirements

Reactions: Clinton_4
Solution