[SOLVED] i7 3770 and RTX 3060Ti 8GB

Nov 8, 2021
Hello guys/girls, I have a problem with my PC and I can't figure out what's going on. I recently switched from 4x2GB RAM and i5 2500 to an Intel i7 3770 and 2x16GB 1600MhZ and also 4-5 days ago I got an RTX 3060Ti.

I am currently playing CSGO and I have a lot of lag spikes and fps drops (which makes me nervous). With this configuration I am barely getting 120 FPS on CSGO with @1080P/High...also the spikes go with screen freezes and drop between 60 and 180 all the time, I think the problem is my CPU or Windows. I also have some stuttering when using only windows (had it even on the configuration before this one) like when I try to select all icons and folders on the desktop it drops to ~13fps until I click on the side.

If you guys need more info just ask, gotta fix this. I know the GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU but this is worse than the last config i5 2500 + GTX 1060 6GB + 8GB RAM!

Solution
Hello guys/girls, I have a problem with my PC and I can't figure out what's going on. I recently switched from 4x2GB RAM and i5 2500 to an Intel i7 3770 and 2x16GB 1600MhZ and also 4-5 days ago I got an RTX 3060Ti.

I am currently playing CSGO and I have a lot of lag spikes and fps drops (which makes me nervous). With this configuration I am barely getting 120 FPS on CSGO with @1080P/High...also the spikes go with screen freezes and drop between 60 and 180 all the time, I think the problem is my CPU or Windows. I also have some stuttering when using only windows (had it even on the configuration before this one) like when I try to select all icons and folders on the desktop it drops to ~13fps until I click on the side.

If you guys...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
What are your system specs? Is this an OEM system that you are upgrading, or a custom/prebuild?

What type and how old is the power supply in this machine?

Did you do a clean install of the graphics drivers?

IDK how far into troubleshooting this you have gone, but things like staying with the 3770 and utilizing the old RAM and/or old GPU (and other possible combos)?

Did you happen to upgrade the cooling and/or case ventilation when you upgraded?

Did you download the new chipset driver?

Gone as far as a clean OS install?

Being operational, certain assumption is being made about BIOS revision since logic dictates it wouldn't work if you hadn't....

Nov 8, 2021
AsRock Q77M vPro Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770
RTX 3060Ti 8 GB
16GB RAM 1600 MhZ (2x8GB)

Power supply is less than a month old (Corsair 500W 80Bronze)

Yes I did.

The CPU is not overheating I have already checked that multiple times (has a custom cooler, keeps it around 70C in games)

I have an older driver for the GPU (but the desktop stutter things was there even before the GPU so idk)

Chipset driver?

I was planning on doing a clean OS install idk what else to do...

Didn't touch BIOS since it's working..

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015

If you guys need more info just ask, gotta fix this. I know the GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU but this is worse than the last config i5 2500 + GTX 1060 6GB + 8GB RAM!
Try newer gpu driver. But I think the biggest issue is the bottleneck. If you can, put an older GPU and try it. You will get lower fps maybe, but consistent.

Solution