I7- 4790k not that great?

Solution
You don't want to trust CPU boss for evaluating CPUs. I'm pretty sure they apply a very general point system to core speed and basic synthetic tests, which, needless to say, isn't very enlightening. For example, they list the 4770K as better than the 4790K, which is entirely false. The 4790K is superior to the 4770K in every way, while the price should be the same. The reason the scores are different is because they're comparing the 4770K to FX series processors (old hardware) and the 4790K to some of the fastest processors on the consumer market.

To get an understanding of how good a processor is, you need to put it in context. For starters: What are you planning to do with it?

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
You don't want to trust CPU boss for evaluating CPUs. I'm pretty sure they apply a very general point system to core speed and basic synthetic tests, which, needless to say, isn't very enlightening. For example, they list the 4770K as better than the 4790K, which is entirely false. The 4790K is superior to the 4770K in every way, while the price should be the same. The reason the scores are different is because they're comparing the 4770K to FX series processors (old hardware) and the 4790K to some of the fastest processors on the consumer market.

To get an understanding of how good a processor is, you need to put it in context. For starters: What are you planning to do with it?

Solution