Question I7 6800HQ second core over temp

kainus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
gitlab.com
Hi guys!
My Rig: Acer Aspire V Nitro - VN7 592G > i7 6700HQ + GTX 960M + 16GB DDR

Im trying to keep my CPU in a decent temp when playing with my notebook

The real problem is the cooling system: it complety sucks... From Day 1, I have change the thermal paste, clean it, nothing works....

but using ThrottleStop to undervolt it to -0.170v and lowering the multipler to 29 when 4 cores running I lose performance but at least dont suffering long throttles that make my games freezer for seconds...

Right now im having a almost acceptable temps but something its botthering me... the SECOND CORE has almos 10 degres over the rest of them.... And i wanna ask, its that normal? Can I try to lower the performance of that core to keet them balanced in temps?

uU7tWJb.png

I can show you my throttle stop config if you want
Thanks for your time!

Lutfij

Titan
You should be using Intel's XTU app to manage the volts on the cpu. In fact, throttle stop isn't the right app to use for your needs. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop + mention the version for Windows 10, you're currently on. I've had some system's run hotter when on the latest version of 1903(with the updates).

Reactions: kainus

kainus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
gitlab.com
Yes, I have that windows version and the problem has become even worst.
Will check the bios update.

I have used XTU but i hate that it havent autostart options, i dont want to make bat files to get the undervolt running every time I log in. But, why you say TS is not good for this?