I7 Turbo Mode Question..Need help

admilitaryman

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I've recently been ocing my i7 920 rig and have come across a few questions over this turbo mode. First, if i manually set voltages and the max multiplier to 21x will this cause turbo mode to be unable to throttle down when idle? Also with the newest bios update for the rampage II extreme, i'm a little confused on which settings actually turn turbo mode on/off. Can someone please help me?

Solution
IF you want to Oc you Have to turn turbo mode off to prevent problems. If you are using a newer gigabyte Mobo It will Use the eist function to save you Electricity. Read up on your processor and the turbo mode at the intel website. unless im mistaken turbo mode only throttles up the pc under heavy load when all the parameters are right ie. temp, voltage, load...

So do your homework. but if you are looking for a stable oc turn off turbo mode

Good Luck :D

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
IF you want to Oc you Have to turn turbo mode off to prevent problems. If you are using a newer gigabyte Mobo It will Use the eist function to save you Electricity. Read up on your processor and the turbo mode at the intel website. unless im mistaken turbo mode only throttles up the pc under heavy load when all the parameters are right ie. temp, voltage, load...

So do your homework. but if you are looking for a stable oc turn off turbo mode

Good Luck :D

Solution

admilitaryman

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I'm up to 4.1ghz at only 1.25v vcore, i have left everything else at auto except enabling loadline calibration. Turbo, speedstep, c1e, and HT are OFF. I'm sure i could do move by raising other voltages but i havent had much time.