Question I9 14900kf benchmark score dropped out of nowhere

Apr 16, 2024
As soon as I built the PC, I did the cpu-z stress test, and my cpu scored 18 thousand points, 1 month passed and now out of nowhere, when I do the stress test, it only got 15 thousand points..., I felt that the performance also it dropped, temperature and power are ok, temperature in games is around 60 - 70 degrees, a very low temperature even for this cpu, running at 5.6 GHz. What could have happened? Complete specs:
I9 14900KF
ASUS TUF Z790
RTX 4070 TI
FONTE 1250W COOLER MASTER

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, I'm Brazilian, but I'm not finding useful answers on the Brazilian forums

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your PSU?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? I'm assuming that the OS was updated and that's when the issues cropped up? How are you cooling the processor? You can try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Apr 16, 2024
Bem-vindo ao fórum, novato!

Quantos anos tem a sua fonte de alimentação?

Versão do BIOS para sua placa-mãe neste momento? Presumo que o sistema operacional foi atualizado e foi aí que surgiram os problemas. Como você está resfriando o processador? Você pode tentar usar o DDU para remover todos os drivers de GPU (Intel, AMD e Nvidia) e reinstalar manualmente o driver de GPU mais recente proveniente do site de suporte da Nvidia em um comando elevado, ou seja, clique com o botão direito em instalador> Executar como administrador.
Thanks for the reception! I'm using the latest version of my BIOS, coincidentally the problem started when I performed the Windows 11 cumulative updates, could this be the problem then? Is it worth formatting the computer?

Apr 16, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your PSU?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? I'm assuming that the OS was updated and that's when the issues cropped up? How are you cooling the processor? You can try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I forgot to answer the other questions.
My power supply is new, in fact, the entire PC is new, I purchased it at the end of February.
I'm wondering how it would be possible that an NVIDIA driver could affect my processor's benchmark performance.
About the cooler, I'm using a 360mm water cooler from Cooler Master, with a thermalright contact frame.

If CPU-z is the only thing you're using to judge the performance, I suggest trying other benchmarks and compare the score to what reviewers have gotten.

Some CPU based benchmarks that tends to be used are:
  • Cinebench (either R23 or 2024)
  • POV-Ray
  • 3D Mark Time Spy (just the CPU score)
  • 7-Zip (though this is sensitive to memory speed, so it may not be as useful)
  • AIDA64 (though this is paid software)
Also use HWiNFO to monitor CPU temp and package power consumption.

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
As soon as I built the PC, I did the cpu-z stress test, and my cpu scored 18 thousand points, 1 month passed and now out of nowhere, when I do the stress test, it only got 15 thousand points..., I felt that the performance also it dropped, temperature and power are ok, temperature in games is around 60 - 70 degrees, a very low temperature even for this cpu, running at 5.6 GHz. What could have happened? Complete specs:
I9 14900KF
ASUS TUF Z790
RTX 4070 TI
FONTE 1250W COOLER MASTER

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, I'm Brazilian, but I'm not finding useful answers on the Brazilian forums
Did you push it too far with overclocking?

Apr 16, 2024
Did you push it too far with overclocking?
I didn't overclock, in fact, I found a solution, it was a Windows 11 bug, I formatted the PC and reset the BIOS, the system returned to its previous performance, the games increased the fps, and the CPUZ stress test returned scoring between 17 and 18 thousand points

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
First test you did was on a clean pc. Windows was new, registry new and uncluttered, caches clean and relatively empty, not much going on in stay resident programming.

A month later that's not the case. Everything that was once clean (ish) is now cluttered, time consuming, resource hogging....

It happens