[SOLVED] Identical screens with different colors despite factory reset

Feb 2, 2020
I have two identical Lenovo Thinkvision L200P wide screens (1680x1050) but one of them is unproportionally red despite being reset to factory settings.

However, when the button for automatic image-setup/screen-adjust is pressed, the screen temporarily shows correct colors but returns to red when the screen is done adjusting (see video in below link).

I have tried adjusting the colors manually but no matter how low the red color saturation is pushed, it never gets close to the other one.

One screen is connected through the GPU and another through the motherboard. I've tried interchanging them but the left screen is still red no matter if its connected to the GPU or MB.

Is it just a defect screen or is there something I can try out? I know that its an old model.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dhm5rxvh2pqzxk1/AAArdzJI0mQ0O7-3DCgKqcoua?dl=0

Solution
I'm not familiar with what the auto image setup is doing but quickly changing like that could be a color profile issue. Press start and type color management and open that. There's a drop down for each monitor and make sure they are set to the same color profile.

Unfortunately this is not a perfect world so even the same model monitor will have some variation due to manufacturing. However calibrating should get close enough. Never rely on auto calibration as they never work. If they limited calibration settings, you can use the gpu control panel to adjust colors more. Having more red may not mean to just lower red but to adjust all colors to be correctly calibrated so don't pay attention to just red.

If all fails, then you may...
I'm not familiar with what the auto image setup is doing but quickly changing like that could be a color profile issue. Press start and type color management and open that. There's a drop down for each monitor and make sure they are set to the same color profile.

Unfortunately this is not a perfect world so even the same model monitor will have some variation due to manufacturing. However calibrating should get close enough. Never rely on auto calibration as they never work. If they limited calibration settings, you can use the gpu control panel to adjust colors more. Having more red may not mean to just lower red but to adjust all colors to be correctly calibrated so don't pay attention to just red.

If all fails, then you may conclude a fault.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I had exactly this, with 2 identical HP IPS panels. Bought as a set, near sequential serial numbers, came off the assembly line the same day.

No matter how much adjustment, including a hardware colorimeter...they would not be "exact".