Nov 1, 2022
Hi all,

I recently moved my AiO from the top of my case to the front as this provides much better airflow for my case.

Before this I was idling around 50c and so also redid the thermal paste just to be sure and really tightened fully the connector so it had good contact.

After this I managed to idle at what I had initially hoped for around 35c-40c with my maximum on games never exceeding around 80c or in most cases barely touching 70c.

I was more than content with this and so left it as it was, if it ain't broke you know however it has now seemingly gone back to idling at 50c. I didn't touch anything, hardware wise and have no software changes between two days ago and now that would cause that, in fact I think I have no changes at all.

I tried once again to reseat the cooler, redid the paste. I don't really want to go around ripping everything up again because I only just got it working perfectly so I thought I should ask here first before doing anything rash. Currently my Core Temp is saying as I type this i'm floating from 55-45 then popping back up to 55 again. As I said 2 days ago this number was 35-40 and I have no obvious causes to reverse/fix so I am at a loss as to anything blatantly obvious but would of course be delighted if someone could show me I am just being dumb and it is an easy fix :D

Basic specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070
Mobo: B550F
Cooler: MSI coreliquid 360r (I know maybe it isn't the 'best' cooler but my trouble is mainly that I already achieved what I wanted and it's now reverted or something)

Of course I can provide more information if necessary, thanks in advance.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cooler: MSI coreliquid 360r (I know maybe it isn't the 'best' cooler but my trouble is mainly that I already achieved what I wanted and it's now reverted or something)
That AIO has been recalled by MSI. The fact that your thermal paste reapplication brought about a change in temps since you moved the cooling block to probaby dislodge some debris/gunk in the cooling assembly.

Please read through this;
View: https://youtu.be/U7uBkjehgQk

Lutfij

Titan

That AIO has been recalled by MSI. The fact that your thermal paste reapplication brought about a change in temps since you moved the cooling block to probaby dislodge some debris/gunk in the cooling assembly.

Please read through this;
View: https://youtu.be/U7uBkjehgQk

View: https://youtu.be/-kSJ2dgOEdc

View: https://youtu.be/az2GZEZWi10

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The pump is in the radiator on that model. Top mount isn't ideal for these types of units - IF you want them to last anyways. Air is going to sit around the pump.
MAG and MPG Coreliquid already have high failure rates as it is.

As for your query though: When one top mounts these coolers, they change what is the primary source of air. Case ambient is always higher than room ambient.
Then there's a certain rear case exhaust fan that users may refuse to get rid of, 'cause all it's doing at that point is fighting with the cooler for air. With an air cooler, top and rear fans are fine, but with an AIO/CLC at the top, the rules are a bit different.

Nov 1, 2022

Thank you! Hopefully I won't be coming back with too many problems lol

Wow, that does seem like a reasonable assumption given past experience but I don't want to wrongfully assign evidence to fit my agenda. I suppose the best I can do for now would just be to try dislodge any buildup until I can replace it?
I'm just surprised that it was so sudden. For about a month straight great performance and cool temps, then suddenly just super hot CPU but i'll give it a lil jig and see what happens :D

Lutfij

Titan
The cooler should be sent for an RMA, you should contact MSI and your seller and get to the bottom of the matter, considering that the cooler isn't up to par and can damage your CPU(and affect the temps inside the case, due to airflow). There's nothing serviceable in that AIO, doing so will only void your warranty, if you yet have one that is.

Nov 1, 2022
The cooler should be sent for an RMA, you should contact MSI and your seller and get to the bottom of the matter, considering that the cooler isn't up to par and can damage your CPU(and affect the temps inside the case, due to airflow). There's nothing serviceable in that AIO, doing so will only void your warranty, if you yet have one that is.

Yes, looks like that is the main culprit then. Thanks all for the help.